Chapter 5

Dean's POV:

"Love to stay, sweetheart, but we have somewhere we need to be," I say to the waitress, hoping my emotionless flirting will get us out of anymore desperate questions. I see y/n shift uncomfortably out of the corner of my eye. I hope she doesn't take it personally.

Sam turns to leave, y/n behind him. I hesitantly place my hand on her back, guiding her out. When we reach the car, she turns around. The neon bar light illuminates her burning cheeks.

"What was that all about?" she asks, annoyingly.

"What was what about?"

"Come on, Dean. You do this every hunt. You do know I worked alone before I met you. I can handle a djinn."

"I know, y/n. You're an amazing hunter. I just...can't risk losing you," I admit. Her face turns surprised. I look down shamefully. It's rare when I express my feelings. Especially around y/n.

She takes my face in my her hands and it feels like my heart is going 10 miles an hour. "I'll be fine, Dean. You have to focus on the hunt or you'll get both of us killed."

"I know," I say, getting into the car. Sam climbs in the front seat this time, y/n in the back, loading guns.

"Ok so Dean, drop me off at the corner of Oak," Sam says, taking a gun from the back.

"Sam, be careful," I say as he shuts the door. Y/n climbs in the front.

"So, we're off to Pine," she smiles at me as she loads another gun. This woman is perfect.

Your POV:

The door to the warehouse creaks open. Dean steps in with me not close behind. In front of us is a hallway. 2 doors on 1 side and 3 on the other. Dean looks at me and points to the first door on the right. I nod and enter as he goes to the one on the left.

The walls are covered with shelves holding all kinds of tools. I do a quick scan and move on to the next room. I finally find something in the last room.

There is a girl hanging by her hands, blood running through a cord to a bag. Looks like I finally found the djinn's lair.

"Hey hey hey. It's gonna be ok," I say, checking her pulse. Nothing. "Dammit."

"Hello, y/n. I've been expecting you," a voice says behind me. I turn to see a man with glowing blue eyes and pale skin, tattoos covering his arms and neck.

I let out a scream before a set of fingers touch my forehead.

Then, everything goes black.

Dean's POV:

I check the last room on my side of the hallway. Nothing. I hope y/n's found something. Her scream pierces the air and my blood runs cold.

I sprint to the room. Y/n lays in the floor and a djinn stands over her. I pull my knife out of it's slip. The lamb's blood drips to the floor, causing the djinn to turn around. Before he can react, I plunge the knife in his heart. He drops to the floor. I run to y/n's side. She's out cold.

I jump at the sound of my phone ringing.

"Dean, there's nothing here," Sam's voice says through the phone.

"Well, there's definitely something here. Or was something here."

"What do you mean?"

"It's the djinn. It's dead, but it got to y/n first."

"Oh, god. Ok get her in the car and come pick me up. We'll get her home and see if Cas can help us."

The call ends and I pick up y/n. I fight back the urge to cry. Her limp body hangs lifelessly in my arms. I run out to the impala and gently place her in the back seat.

"Shh, it's gonna be ok, y/n. We're gonna get you out of this," I whisper. I say it more to calm me down. I jump in the front seat and speed down the road. I pick Sam up and floor it to Bobby's house.

Every time I look into the rearview mirror, I see my worst nightmare coming true. Y/n lays limp in the backseat.

I have to get her out of there.