S I X

BURN-CHAPTER SIX; Anticlimactic secret

DOWN IN THE STREET, IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CHAOS

Cain lands with the others who are discussing their next moves.

"How do we do this?" Black Widow inquires and Captain America straightens up.

"As a team." Cap states and Cain rolls his eyes.

"I have unfinished business with Loki." Thor grumbles, flipping his hair out of his eyes. Cain stares at him, then to the invasion happening all around them. All of New York was practically being torn to pieces by the giant ass aliens flying around.

"Can't you put a pause on your beef?" Cain asks dryly.

"Actually, he needs to get in line." Hawkeye calls, very upset about having his mind played with. Cain rolls his eyes... again. These hero types were starting to get on his nerves.

"Oh boohoo, he used me as a puppet, waaah." Cain whined in what's supposed to be an impression of Hawkeye. The archer glares at Cain.

"What's your problem?" Hawkeye demands and Cain gets a deadpan look on his face.

"Hi, I'm Cain, I'm a demon." Cain states sarcastically before his eyes flick to black and a twisted smile curls his lips. Hawkeye tenses, as does the rest of the group (except Tony since he wasn't present). The obsidian orbs flick back to candy apple green and the smile drops.

Cap claps his hands together, bringing everyone's attention back to him. "Enough arguing. Loki's gonna keep this fight focused on us and that's what we need. Without him these things could run wild. We got Stark up top, he's gonna need us..." Cap's plan trails off when a sputtery motor is heard. The group turns to find Bruce Banner arriving on a small motorbike.

Cain huffs a laugh, shaking his head at how ridiculous the scientist looks. Bruce climbs off the bike and looks around the city.

"So, this all seems horrible." Bruce states sheepishly. Cain laughs.

"Really? Hadn't noticed." Cain retorts sassily.

"I've seen worse." Widow inputs, obviously implying how Banner became the Hulk and chased her and Cain. Bruce winces as he looks at both apologetically.

"Sorry." Bruce laments.

"Don't worry about it, it wasn't that bad." Cain replies, waving Bruce off. Cain strides over and wraps an arm around the shy doctor's shoulders, bringing the shorter male closer. "Could use greeny, actually." Cain adds, squeezing Bruce's shoulder gently.

"Stark? We got him." Cap calls into his ear piece. Cain ignores the one sided conversation between the genius playboy and the dorky soldier. Well, he ignored it until he hears Tony tell Cap about bringing a party. The group on the ground look up, waiting. Cain slowly grins madly when Iron Man comes flying at them with a giant ass alien on his tail.

"I... I don't see how that's a party." Black Widow calls, a little nervous. Cain licks his lips, growing excited as he pulls out his blade.

"Are you kidding? This is gonna be awesome!" Cain cheers, shifting in his stance as he tries to patiently wait for the right moment. Cap ignores the demon, turning to Bruce instead.

"Dr. Banner." Cap calls, gaining said man's attention. "Now might be a really good time for you to get angry." This distracts Cain and the demon turns to see what Bruce's secret is to become Hulk on his own.