5 || eternal sleep

[sleep : noun : a condition of body and mind such as that which typically recurs for several hours every night, in which the nervous system is relatively inactive, the eyes closed, the postural muscles relaxed, and consciousness practically suspended

[sleep : noun : a condition of body and mind such as that which typically recurs for several hours every night, in which the nervous system is relatively inactive, the eyes closed, the postural muscles relaxed, and consciousness practically suspended.]

||F R A N CO||

"Honestly, I don't know how I'm going to do this," she said smiling nervously at me.

"So, you're telling me you got no clue what you're doing, and yet here I am posing as a statue?" I seethed, clenching my jaw. I was probably standing for twenty minutes with a hand on my hip, and staring upwards to the clouds.

"Well, I do have somewhat of an idea Franco," she rolled her eyes, "do you have a hobby, you know something you do for fun?" She pried.

"I know what a hobby is, for fucks sake." I sat down and leaned against the tree. "I do have a hobby."

"Being sad isn't a hobby." She said quietly, I almost didn't catch it.

"Well then, I don't have a hobby." I sighed and yawned.

"Yeah, being pretty must be tiring." She said dryly.

"Then you must be exhausted." I said without thinking. I closed my eyes, and ran my fingers through my hair.

"How long has it been since you last slept?" She chirped.

"I probably slept last night...for like two hours? I don't know," I mumbled, "i'm tired as fuck."

|| H A V E N ||

He fell asleep halfway through talking. I looked at his rested sleeping face. He looked calmer and stress free. I probably looked really creepy since I stared at him for ten minutes straight. I grabbed my pens and pencils and started to sketch his face shape. It was probably an hour later, he fluttered his eyes open.

"How long was I asleep for?" He grumbled.

"About an hour, it's okay though. I got some work done." I held up my sketchbook and presented it to him. He grabbed the sketchbook to take a closer look.

"Is my nose really that big?" He motioned to the nose on the paper, and then touch his own nose.

"No, your nose is fine," I rolled my eyes, "I'm just not the best at drawing noses."

"Oh, alright." He looked in thought for a second, before he shook his head.

"Well, I better head home. I have somewhere to be, and I have a job interview tomorrow, so I'm going to prepare for it." I said grabbing my backpack.

"Job interview? Where?" He raised his eyebrows.

"Uh, at the newspaper office,"

"Oh, okay."

"Well, see you." I did a stupid wave, and began walking towards the bus stop. I smacked my forehead, after realizing how stupid I probably looked.

-

When my stop came by, I thanked the driver, and headed on out. I looked at the colourful sign that read out Daisy's Flower Shop. I went inside, admiring the flowers.

"Hey, Havie!"

I glanced up from gazing at the roses to see a familiar face. It was Daisy, the owner of the shop. She had light pink hair, that suited her bubbly personality.

"Hey, Daisy!" I smiled slightly. I walked over to the counter, and rested my arms against it.

"So, what would you like?"

I chuckled, and rolled my eyes. "Daisy, you know the flower arrangement I always get."

"Alright, 12 roses, and a tulip." I handed her the money, after she made the bundle and handed me my flower arrangement. I pushed the door, looking back and waving at Daisy.

"Have a good day!"

The cemetery was not far from the flower shop. It was probably only a block away. I guess it was convenient to have a flower shop close to a cemetery.

It was getting cooler when I arrived at the cemetery. You could see lines of tombstones placed beside the other, it seemed endless. The sun was setting, when I arrived to the two beloved tombstones of Marilyn Montgomery and Weston Montgomery. I sat down on the grass, in front of both. The wind blew against my back, sending chills up my spine.

"Hi, mom." I greeted my mom. "Hi, loser." I greeted my brother, Weston. I sat down, hugging my knees to my chest, having my chin rest on my knees. "I just wanted to say I miss you guys. It's been quiet, you know?" I continued. "Dad's always at work, and I know he tries to be there for me, but he's hurting too, I can feel it." I wiped a stray tear. "I wish you guys were here, you always knew what to say, and how to make things feel alright." I sat quiet for a few moments in my own thoughts. I could feel their presence, as if they were sitting here and talking to me.

"I miss you so much mom. I sometimes forget what it feels like to have you here, and I hate it. I hate it so much, that I'm moving on, and having a life, while yours and Weston's ended short. Dad misses you, obviously." I shook my head sadly. "You were his child sweetheart, of course he would. I just wish it was me, instead of you guys." I said airily.

I hid my face, for the next few thoughts. "I'm sorry, Weston." I said, my voice shaking. "I know I always say it, when I come here to your...grave. I feel like I have to, like you need to know. I didn't hate you, I hated what you had. God, that sounds so stupid." I sobbed. "You were perfect, mom and dad knew it, I knew it, everyone knew it. Yet, I always acted like such a brat to you. I couldn't even be half of what you were, and that pissed me off. I realized you didn't mean to be perfect, you just couldn't help it. You had this beautiful aura, it drew people in." I stopped speaking to gather my hair and place it in a ponytail, away from my face. "I just wished I realized this sooner, you know? I wouldn't have spent most of my life, hating you for no reason, but now you're gone, and just a memory waiting to fade." I cried, and once that first tear broke free, the rest followed in an unbroken stream.

After a few minutes, I grabbed my sleeve and I wiped my tears away, rubbing my nose. "I brought you flowers." My voice cracked. "Roses and a tulip, your favourites." My mother always loved roses, she loved the romantic idea behind it, while Weston thought tulips were nice because they weren't cliché.

"I know you guys will hate me for saying this, but I don't really like the idea of living anymore. I don't know what I'm living for. I mean, I always loved the idea of travelling, seeing the world, exploring new places, but what happens after that? I'll return to my miserable state, like I always do." I picked at the grass, gazing at the stars.

"You know, I heard somewhere sometime that when you...die you turn into a star." I shrugged. "I don't know about that, but the way the stars are shining tonight, I just might believe it."

I placed the flower arrangement between the two tombstones, as I looked at it. I sat there for a long time. I liked the feeling of remembering them and our memories.

"It getting late now, guys. I'm going to have to go. Dad might not be home, since he's always working late at the hospital. I love you guys, and I miss you." I walked slowly towards the entrance of the cemetery, turning around once looking at the cemetery. All these people had lives, futures, and yet they died. I guess it goes to show that life comes at you fast, and you'll never know what's going to happen.

-
zana's notes
don't know how I feel about this chapter......
another upload, yay!
not edited tho, srry