Admire

VIRAT KOHLI

It was still raining in Bombay and I was to go back to Delhi.There were three more days and then we had to leave for the Triangular series in Australia.Everytime I looked outside at the rain,it reminded me of Sanjana.I reached Delhi by 6 in the evening.Sometime later I got a phonecall from our manager.

'Hey,Virat' He said.

'Hy' I replied.

'You have an interview with The Indian Express newspaper at 11 tomorrow' He told me.

'Okay,message me the details' I said and cut the phone.

It was late in night and I switched on the TV and watched some news as I skipped to the channel,Times Now.They were showing the documentary on the Delhi ranji match.It was a nice one.The way Sanjana presented things were splendid.She left an impact on whoever she met.Somehow,I couldn't stop thinking about her that moment.I switched off the TV and took a nap.

Next day,I got up early and got ready for the interview.The interview was at Howzatt which is a sports bar in Gurgoan.I reached there in sometime.The manager messaged me the place details but didn't told me who was to come.I went inside looking.I saw a girl sitting on a chair but couldn't see her face as it was dark inside.

'Excuse me' I said.

She stood up and then all of a sudden the lights were off.

'Shit,my foot' She screamed as she fell down.

'Somebody watch out for the lights' I said.

The lights were on.And it was a pretty face(frowning that time)collecting her pages from the ground,adjusting her silky hair as they were finding a way to cover her face again and again.She didn't bother looking up and kept on swearing at the lights system(well,ofcourse she was my fan).

I adjusted my throat.

Sanjana looked up,her eyes gazed at me.

'Virat?' She said in astonishment.

'What are you doing here?' I asked her moving forward and giving my hand to her for support.

She stood up and said,'I am here to take a interview'.

'You will take my interview?' I asked muddled.

'Your interview?' She asked.

'My manager told me that someone from The Indian Express will take my interview' I cleared.

'I write articles for The Indian Express' She said.

'Didn't you know I was gonna be here?' I asked.

'You think if I knew,I would dressup like this?..umm..I mean they were in a hurry so..' She said.

'Ya,it's okay' I laughed.

She asked me various questions like what I expect from myself and how can I score everytime,what do I feel when I don't,how I motivate myself and lots of more.

'Well there's a last question,there are many rumours about your relationshis,would you like to clearify it for your fans?' She asked me.

'Ya,media in India exaggerates a lot but as for now I am single' I replied.

She had a hint of smile on her face.

'Thank you so much' She said.

She wrote each and everything which I spoke.

We were leaving and she said,'You don't like the media very much,I guess'.

'I don't,they just put things the way they want' I said.

'Maybe not everyone is like that' She said with a credence that I would say the same.

'Yes,not everyone' I said with a smile.She smiled back.

We reached our cars and there was a small poor child who looked like a ragpicker,he asked for money from both of us.Sanjana opened her car and she had a sandwich and gave it to the child.The child was happy and so was she.I just smiled at that caring gesture.

'Bye' She said as she got into her car.

'Bye' I replied.

She was contrary to all those journalists who misused information.She was true to her profession and the people she met.She loved life and it loved her back.She was whatever she wanted to be,she was a little of everything,mixed up,so tough in a beautiful way.All one could do,was to see and admire her.