Prologue

“so... will you?” He asks hopefully. I was uncertain. Very uncertain.

“Jay baby, I won’t lie to you. I want to, I really do but I have to think about it first.”
I say hoping that he understands.

“I thought you loved me.”

“ Yes bu-"

“Then there is nothing to talk about.”

”I do love you baby but you have to understand, I have a mother and sister to fend for, I can’t just make decisions like that, I have to think this through.”

“But this will make your life better. It is a one time opportunity.”

“We are just eighteen and-"

“We love each other, that is all that matters.”

“I don’t know Jay.” I sigh.

“Or you just don’t love me.”

“It’s not that,” I say cupping his cheek,” I just have to think about it first. I’m not saying no to you and I know your father just died but don’t be irrational about it, were both young and we have a life to lead, don’t just push it all away because  of grief.” I said and he looked down.

“But I love you.”

“I know you do but think rationally first and if you still want to make that decision then let me think about it for like a week. This is life changing and I hope you understand.”

“So you’re basically saying that we should take a break.” He asked with tearful eyes, I nodded sadly.

“But don’t take that as a no, I still have to give you an answer.” I went on my toes and we kissed passionately as if it was the last time and I walked away.

Little did I know that that kiss would indeed be the last one we shared nor the fact that I was walking away from him forever.

But even after all the disasters that took place that day, I knew things would get better but I didn’t know that my good fortunes would come in form of a sexy street fighter, the same one who put me back on track and stole kisses and was soon to steal my heart.