Part 1: "I took you in and lifted your wilted frame into the sun" - The Maine.

"Victoria!" My best friend Tabitha Sheridan (Tabs, for short) shouted from my room.

I was standing in my closet deciding what to wear to the concert we were going to that night. All Time Low was putting on a concert in Time Square and I was super excited to see them again. I'd seen them a few times before but I was really excited because they just released their new album, Future Hearts.

"Hush Tabs, I'm almost done!" I yelled back as I yanked on an All Time Low T-shirt, my black skinny jeans, and black Converse Hi-tops. I walked out of my closet and looked at Tabs. "Well..."

"Gorgeous as always, Vikki." She smiled and threw me my purse. "Can we go now?"

"Yeah. I'll meet you outside." She nodded and left. I went into my mom's room. "Mom, I'm leaving now."

My mom's body remained unmoving as always. You see, my mom's in a coma. When I'd just turned eighteen, my dad had beaten her until she'd passed out. She's been in a coma for two years, and my dad hasn't been seen or heard from since that day.

After about 6 months in the coma the doctors gave me the option to continue treatment or take her off life support. I chose to continue treatment, but had her transferred to our condo in New York City. Here she gets all the same care she would get at a hospital; she even has her own personal nurse. Sometimes I come and talk to her.

Right now I was covered financially, thanks to my grandparents. My grandfather owns an oil company in Texas. He lives in Manhattan, so I see him every few weeks.

I'm attending Juilliard and it's my senior year. I'm majoring in the performing arts, dance mostly, but I dabble in acting and singing.

I looked in the mirror before I left the condo to meet Tabs at her car. I looked at myself from the top of my head covered with long, curled at the ends, dirty blonde hair pulled back from my face with a barrette; my light blue eyes; my only slightly pale skin; the freckles that crept over my nose; my full lips; my hourglass figure; the outline of my belly ring; my long slender legs...Was I beautiful? I've been told so. Did I feel beautiful? Not even close.

I heard the car honk and made my way outside, throwing my keys into the small purse I was taking. Tabs honked the horn to her Dodge Nissan once more and I flipped her off quickly as I shut the door to the back gate. I hurried to the car and got into the passenger seat.

"Took you long enough!" Tabs shouted as she pulled out of the parking lot of the building.

Tabs was an inch taller than me, putting her at 5'10", she had long blonde, curly hair, blue eyes, and was pale. She was really skinny but that was because she works her butt off to keep her job. She dropped out of high school to become a model. Now she has 3 billboards, a bunch of runway shows, and a billion pictures in tons of magazines.

"Sorry!" I shouted, wiping off a bit of smudged liner from under my left eye. She turned up the radio and other than the music the ride was silent.

When we arrived the place was packed, and we struggled to get through the crowd but we did it! We made it to the front and 15 minutes later, we were glad we did.

"How you all doing tonight?" Alex Gaskarth asked tossing his brown hair out of his face. He was answered in screams and hollers. "Alright, alright. Okay so sing along if you know this one, but if you're a bad singer...please think about the innocent people around you. Thanks." It became quiet and "Stella" began to play.~ ~ ~

When it ended Tabs and I looked at each other and screamed. Two hours later the amazing concert was over and we were wired. We walked to a nearby coffee shop and got two espressos, as if we needed more caffeine in our systems. Tabs insisted that we drink them at the shop and then made our way back to where we parked our car. It was on the top floor of a parking structure.

"Stella would you take me home!" Tabs and I chorused, arm in arm, as we made our way to the car. We laughed and started to walk to the car which was roughly twenty feet away from the elevator. The noise we heard made us stop and look around. It was like a groan I guess.

Tabs found the culprit, a guy slumped in the corner of the building. Tabs and I looked at each other alarmed. Most girls would run to the car and speed away, pretend like it never happened, but no, not me. Something told me to go see if he was alright.

"Vikki! What do you think you're doing!?" Tabs screeched at me. I shushed her and walked over to the guy.

"Are you okay?" I asked, he groaned again and his head rolled to the side. I held back a scream. I turned back to Tabs who looked alarmed. "Tabs come see this." I whisper shouted. She cautiously made her way over to me and looked at the guy.

"Is that..." She began, I nodded furiously."Yes.""What's he doing here!?" She asked."The hell if I know!" I replied. I kneeled down beside him. "Uh, Alex, can you hear me?" He groaned. I looked at Tabs. "What do we do?""I don't know...We can't just leave him here." She replied, I nodded."Help me get him to the car." I told her.

She sighed and helped me lift him so that each of his arms was over both of our shoulders. He wasn't that heavy, so it wasn't hard to carry him to the car, but it was a lot of dead weight. I silently thanked god that we went to the gym regularly. We put him in the back seat and shut the door.

"Where do we take him?" I asked her quietly."Your house, mine is too public." She said as I made my way to the passenger side."You act like we're kidnapping him." I said getting into the car."Well aren't we?" Tabs asked as she pulled out of the parking space."I kind of thought of it as saving him from sleeping against a building." I replied, looking out the window. It was silent after that.

We parked in the parking lot of my building and got out. We carried Alex to the elevator, and got off at my floor. I opened my door one handed, because my other was busy trying to keep from dropping him. Tabs and I carried him to the guest bedroom and laid him on the bed. We silently made our way out of the room and into my kitchen.

"What do you think happened?" Tabs asked me."I don't know, he looked kind of bad though." I replied.

Tabs' phone rang and she sent me an apologetic smile. "Hello?...9 a.m...no problem... Bye now." She ended the call on her Blackberry. "I'm so sorry Vikki, but I have to go.""You're just going to leave me here with him!" I whisper shouted."I'm sorry but call me if you need anything!" She shouted on her way out. Thanks Tabs.

I sighed and went to my bathroom to wash my face. I looked at myself in the mirror."What did you get yourself into Victoria Parish?" I asked my reflection.