Thirty Three

11:04

The night had passed by quicker than I had expected, and before I knew it, we were back in Michael's truck, to crash some parties, as he put it. After going to Walmart, we stopped to fill up his gas tank, and we were off. We hadn't even done much tonight, but it had been perfect. And according to Michael, it wasn't even close to over yet. One last night of having fun during high school. One last chance before we were swept away and into college and jobs. One last hurrah.

As he drove, he kept his hand locked in mine, his thumb ghosting over my palm every few seconds as he rubbed circles into it.

I sipped on an energy drink, not even starting to feel tired. I didn't want this night to end. 

This seemed like the perfect ending to high school. I couldn't have been happier we didn't go to actual prom, like everyone else. Sure, we didn't do much, but it was amazing and the night wasn't even close to ending.

"How about this?" Michael gestures to a large house, with multitudes of vehicles parked in the lawn. By the loud music, it was quite obviously a party. I nodded, as Michael parked down the street.

Basically,  we were supposed to just drive around, until we found what looked like a party. Apparantly, there are afterparties after prom.

My insides were twisting as I stepped onto the concrete, my head pounding in anticipation of what was about to happen.

"Are you ready?" Michael asks as he joins me in front of his truck.

"I've actually never been to a party before." I admit, leaning into him as we walked the feet to the party. Which meant, I was not ready.

"Stay by my side." Michael's arm snakes to my side, his rough fingers resting on my hip bone as he squeezed reassuringly.  Just hearing those words slip from his lips was enough to make me believe everything would be okay. For now, or as long as he was by my side.

We walked up the lawn, passing a drunken couple making out, and in the door; which stood wide open, the light pouring out into the dark night.

My head swam as I took in the view inside. It wasn't exactly as wild as people put it in movies, but it was pretty crazy. We were standing in the kitchen, watching as some teens doled out beers. I didn't want any, as my first drink wasn't exactly that good, and I was feeling buzzed enough already. I actually wanted to remember this night.

I felt Michael's hand, still resting on my hip, guide me through the kitchen, and into a spacious dining room. Music played from speakers resting on the table, a loud Katy Perry Song. Which left me questioning what people thought was good music these days.  Michael stopped by the a bookcase, seeing a plate with a whole slice of pizza, and a half. 

"Pizza!" He cheers, picking up a slice and promptly taking a large bite from it.

"Michael! That's gross!" I can't help but laugh though, at his puzzled face.

"Yeah, well I'm hungry." He sticks his pizza coated tongue out. "So ha!"

I shake my head slowly.

"Want a taste?" He laughs, holding out the piece. I shake my head once more, yet faster this time. No.

I leaned against the wall, beside Michael and watched intently at the teenagers before me. Most of the girls were clad in prom dresses, and the guys in tux's. I glanced at Michael's clothes, and smiled, happy we were doing something different.

"Macey?" Michael's voice interrupts my thoughts.

"What?" I turn to look into his eyes, blinking slowly.

"I want to dance." Without waiting for me to  protest, as I literally sucked at dancing, he grabs my arm tightly, and pulls me towards the middle of the room. "I love this song!" He cheers, flinging his hands around my neck even though the song wasn't a slow song.

"What song is this ev-"

I'm interrupted by Michael singing loudly.

"I wish that I could be like the cool ki-"

"Michael."

" 'CAUSE ALL THE COOL KIDS, THEY SEEM TO FIT IN."

Despite his loud singing, Michael is dancing slowly, swaying back and forth, only stopping to throw his head back and shout out lyrics. I watched in awe, still wondering how someone could be that perfect. His eyes were shut, his dark lashes fanning out across his pale cheeks, his dark lips open, singing. He was perfect. And I wished with all my heart that I had a camera on me, a cheesy polaroid, anything, so I could capture this moment, and save it forever.

But the moment ended faster than I had hoped for, and all eyes were on us. Everyone, even the drunken teens, had stopped to stare.

Michael ignores this, and pulls me closer to his chest, and I can smell pizza and his  Axe. I smiled into his shirt, wrapping my arms around him, as I felt a vibration in his pocket.

What the heck?

"It's my phone." He explains as he pulls away, walking a few feet away to talk on his phone.

"It's my dad." He says before picking it up.

"Yeah Dad... Sorry... I didn't think it had to be done tonight... Yes, it's prom night. Yes, I'm with Macey."

I raised my eyebrows.

"I can get it done... don't worry... yeah... Got it... See you tomorrow."

When Michael finally hangs up, he looks a little taken aback. He walks towards me slowly, and not wantingto yell through the loud music, grabs my hand and drags me outside.

"Whats up?" I ask him once we were outside, on the patio.

"That was my dad. Good news, he won't be home tonight. But, I forgot to drop off a package for one of his customers. Apparantly, the girls prom isn't until tomorrow at her school, but she decided she needs her prom dress right now. Like, it's even at our house. And my dad couldn't have even dropped it off? He knows I'm with someone that means a ton to me, and he has to ruin tonight?" He stops himself, his cheeks red. "It's just annoying. I would understand if you would want me to drop you off right now."

"No!" I say quickly. "I mean, I don't mind. Nothing could make this night bad, Michael. And you mean a lot to me, and I like you a lot too. So I would love to come with you."

A smile breaks out on his face, and he's obviously pleased. His cheeks are even redder than before, and he runs a hand through his hair bashfully.

"Well, then we better go?"

Before answering, with a sudden leap of courage, I place my hand on his neck only to pull him closer and kiss him suddenly. Our lips connect, and I feel dizzy. Ecstatic. His hands rest on my waist, and I lean closer, fitting into him comfortably. We fit together perfectly.

After a few minutes, with my head still spinning, I pull away, and kiss him again on the cheek.

"Let's go."

-

hey guess who updated after like 5678236 years?

ME

sorry it took so long everything has been so so busy :( I hope this is a decent update and EVERYONE STAY TUNED

love you all your all amazing xx