Can't tell them..

"How come me and Luke aren't werewolves?" He asked. "I don't have a clue why." I said. My ears twitched at me trying to think of a reason. "Anthony, I need to think, can I be alone for a minute?" I asked. "Sure." He said as he walked out.

I walked in front of the mirror and stared at myself. My eyes looked as blue as the sky with my pitch black hair pulled back. My bandages were over my left eye. My ears and tail were as black as the midnight sky. I slowly lifted my hand to touch my bandage. I hesitated to lift up the bandages, but I finally did.

I froze and stared at my left eye in the mirror for what felt like ages. I scattered across my room to find my eyepatch to cover up my eye. My eye was as red as blood. I pulled the eyepatch over my eye and looked back at the mirror.

I laid back on my bed to look at my phone. My best friend, Annie, called me 39 times. I called her back and told her I was okay. "Can I come visit you?" She asked. I went silent.

*Flashback to when they were 7*

"Annie what happened?" I asked. "My mom and dad died." She said, sorrowful. "What happened?" I asked. "A demon broke in and killed my father, but then a werewolf killed my mother." She said. "It's okay, Annie." I said.

"I'm going to kill every single demon and werewolf alive." She said, filled with rage.

*end of flashback*

"Eden?" Annie asked, confused and worried. "I-It's best not to right now." I said. "Why?" She said, frustrated. "T-the.. the damage from the car.. it.. my eye.. it's horrible.." I said, trying to find the right words to say. "Oh.. okay how about next week?" She asked. "N-Sure.." I said, as she ended the call.

I have to learn how to hide my ears and tail fast. I rushed around my room to find a large enough hat and cape/cloak. I found a large cloak that covered up my giant and fluffy tail. I put on my largest hat. I looked at the mirror and it didn't seem that noticeable. 

*5 years ago*

"Luke you can't catch me!" His best friend, Olive, called out. "If I can't catch you then I'll catch Eden!" He yelled as he started chasing after me. "No, you're not!" I yelled as I ran the opposite direction. I heard screams and cries out from behind the slides. Me and Luke stopped dead in our tracks to turn around.

What I saw was something I wish I could unsee or stop from happening. My poor brother was frozen in place but screaming at the sight of his best friend being eaten by a rouge werewolf. I couldn't save Olive. The werewolf finished eating Olive and turned around to stare dead at Luke.

I had to save Luke from the werewolf. I rushed to Luke and picked him up and ran into the woods. Luke was punching my back screaming at me, "We could've saved him!"

*Present day*

I sat on my bed think about that day 5 years ago. I put my hands over my eyes and started crying. Tears streaming down my face. If he found out.. he would kill me. I can't lose my brother or my best friend. I can't tell them..

I went to the bathroom in my room to check back on my eye. It's still red. Maybe I can clean it? I tried everything. I decided to look it up. No, I don't believe everything on the internet is real, but I didn't know what was happening to me. I went on my computer and typed in "what does having a red eye mean?"

My demon side has started to show.. This site must be fake! But if it is true.. No! This.. can't be true!

*Knock Knock*

"Eden? Is everything okay?" Luke said. "Y-Yes!" I said. "Can.. Can I come in?" He asked. I looked in the mirror and I hide my ears and tail with my hat and cloak. I slowly opened the door. His green eyes filled with sorrow. It broke my heart. He dragged his feet into my room and sat down at my desk.

"Do you remember Olive?" He asked. I froze. "I-I was just thinking about that.." I said. "I've been thinking.." he said. Did he really? "I'm joining the AW Scouts." He said, clenching his fist. Now I definitely can't tell him..

The AW Scouts are a group of anti-werewolves who kill any werewolf in sight.

"I've just been thinking about what happened 5 years ago. If you weren't there I would be dead, sis. I owe you one." He said. A feeling of guilt came over me.

"I've also been studying to be a doctor too. If there is anything I can do I want to help heal people." He said. My heart kept sinking even more as I fought back the tears. I can't let him know. Black speckles started going over my eyes. No, not now! Everything went black. I passed out.

I woke up to Dad and Anthony in my room making sure I was okay. All I could think of was Luke.. My back hurt like someone stabbed me. I sat up and the blanket over me fell down. It revealed my demonic wings. Anthony and dad were shocked and frozen in place.

"How do I hide his?!" I whispered/shouted. "Focus on them and try to hide them." Father said.

I took a deep breath and focused on them. I opened my eyes and my ears, tail, and wings were all gone. Thank god.

"Did Luke.." I tried saying. The look on their faces was enough of an answer. My heart sank. No.. No no no! I rushed up and ran out the door to try to find where he was. I ran to the only place I could think of, the park where.. it happened.

I reached the park and hid behind a tree. Luke was sitting by the slide crouched down. "Why? Why does she have to be one of them?! Olive, I miss you. Can you tell me why this happened?" He said, "If I join the AW Scouts they would end up figuring out Eden, but I want to avenge you."

I'm so sorry, Luke.

He slowly stood up. I slowly walked out from behind the tree. "Luke.." I said. "Eden, why'd you keep this from me?" He asked, frustrated.

"Um- I.." I searched for the right words but couldn't find them.. "Face it.. You're just like them.. Just like those heartless creatures.." He said. Those words broke my heart. I was frozen in place. I held back the tears as much as I could but one escaped. It was worse than I thought it would've been..

Luke ran away back to the house. It was terrible.. No.. This can't be happening.. I fell to the ground on my knees and couldn't process anything that was going on. I only understood one thing.. Luke hates me now..