After months of planning, scheming, researching, and debating, I've finally figured out just how to do it... or so I hope.

"Princess." A familiar feminine voice calls from beyond the thick barrier of my door. My eyes flicker through the mirror of my vanity, the brown orbs rolling ever so slightly at the title.

Ugh, that term can is so overused around here. Princess this, your Highness that, just call me by my name. I'm a human not a glorified object.

"You may enter." I stay seated in front of my vanity, my eyes never leaving the reflective surface in front of me. I see the door behind me open and a tall brunette enter with a small smile and something concealed behind her back as she walks into my bedroom. I'd be worried of what she's hiding if I hadn't known her for as long as I have. She enters fully before shutting the door and approaching me. "What is it that you need, Charlotte?" Remember that personal assistant I was telling you about?

Charlotte has been working alongside me for years now, practically a decade by now. My father and our security team appointed her to me and at the time I was hesitant towards a woman five years my senior whom I'd never met following me around, but as time drew on I'm happy they assigned her to me. We were nothing but colleagues for the first few months of her employment, but we became really close. When you don't get out much, you don't make many friends; therefore your staffs are usually your closest friends.

"The item you asked me to order for you has arrived." A bright smile breaks out on my lips as I spin around in my chair to face the woman. My eyes take in the box that she pulls from behind her back and I notice the way it's already been opened, my heart quickening slightly.

"Did you open it?"

"Yes," a sigh of relief passes through my lips at her answer. I don't want anyone but Charlotte knowing of my plans; it would ruin everything, "I had to make sure that it was exactly as you asked and that there was nothing that could be a threat to your life." My eyes want to roll but don't, seeing as she was only looking out for my safety.

"Charlotte, it's a wig... that you ordered and it came to your home, how could that be a threat to my life?" I wonder, sliding the jet-black wig out of the box and running my fingers through the straight locks. The wig is exactly as I had asked: long, dark, and straight; completely different from my usual short ombre waves.

"You never know, Princess -"

"We've been over this, Charlotte. It's only you and I, you can call me whatever you please." I remind her, taking a seat at my vanity again as my eyes bore into the darkness of the wig in my hands. It's black like the sky on a clear night in June and exactly as I had ordered it, or rather how Charlotte had ordered it.

"Are you sure this is all a good idea, Mabel? It's just a wig, it won't conceal your identity much." Charlotte clearly isn't 100% on board with my plans, as she's been trying to stop me from scheming for months now, but I'm persistent and her boss so there hasn't been much she can do. Luckily for her, I've come up with a sure-fire plan that will work... or so I really hope.

"Did you bring the clothes I asked you to?" I ask, changing the subject. Charlotte nods and saunters over to my entirely too big closet, pulling the doors open. She waltzes in and I follow in suit, watching as she crouches low to open a drawer that's usually reserved for scarves and accessories of that nature.

"A pair of ripped denim, a tee, a pair of sneakers, and a cap." Charlotte leads me out of the closet and lays my clothing, or rather her clothing, atop my silk sheets. My eyes take in the clothing items for me to wear, most of them foreign to my wardrobe.

I usually stick to tea dresses, gowns, and pant suits when appropriate. There have been times where I get to wear less formal attire around the palace, but I've never gone out in public in something so casual.