we are young 'ch.2

Look into the past, Luke kept thinking to himself. His childhood was fantastic in his opinion, for the most part. His siblings treated him horribly, but they did it out of love. He was attempting to find some broken memories, like Michael had suggested a few weeks before. What Luke hadn't thought of was using a person as the topic for the song.

Luke sat on the floor of his old bedroom and gathered every photo album his family had. There were pictures of him as an infant barelly learning to walk, his parents before he was born, and his relatives that had past away decades ago. He smiled at the memories and skipped to the most recent events that occured. They were taken place before 5 Seconds Of Summer made it big.

Photos of his past classmates were there,  and also past girlfriends, too. His heart starting aching after he saw a photo of a certain girl of whom he missed a lot. He shut the album and continued searching for inspiration and ideas in the others. When he finished searching through all of his family photos he finally moved on to the last of the pile. The final album was of him, the guys, and his late girlfriend, Katriana.

Luke never desired to speak of what happened to Katriana. It always caused him to relive the memories that broke him then, and still haven't healed now. Calum was the only person who was close to Katriana like Luke was. He was her best friend, her shoulder to cry on. Calum and Luke never left her side, until she left theirs'.

Luke looked through the photo album, laughing lightly at the stupidness of he and his best friends. At the end of the album, there was a note with a final picture. The picture was of Katriana and Luke, their last kiss and her last picture of her. The day she left. Her final day on this planet. Luke's eyes started watering and he choked on a sob. "Katri," He whispered, finding it hard to speak at that moment. "How could you be fine up there without me, without any of us?" He questioned, fighting back his emotions and guilt he had. He always assumed he was the cause of Katriana's suicide. No one knew why she did it, but Luke always took the blame whenever someone asked.
"How could it be that easy for you to leave everything behind? Did I even matter to you anymore?" Luke sobbed. He couldn't take it anymore. His love for her was strong, and it still grows every passing day she's not there. Luke missed her so much, ever since that day. He never realized how much he needed her until she finally slipped through his fingertips.

Maybe I could wake up with amnesia, Luke thought to himself. And forget everything. Forget how it felt to be with her. Just the thought of her pains me, and how she left me without any warning.

Luke stacked each of the albums again and hid them in his closet. He then sat on his bed and leaned against the headboard. Bringing his knees to his chest and his face burried in his legs, Luke wrapped his arms around his legs and sobbed. He didn't care if any of his siblings would come into the room and see him like this. He didn't bother to notice his mother coming in his room to comfort him. He just needed to let it all out.

After a while, Luke got up from his spot on his bed and moved to the desk in the corner of his room. Michael had texted Luke earlier about the song, and he didn't respond. Luke finally had the idea for the song, and he wasn't going to get rid of it. His guitar was leaning against his window and Luke glanced at it every once in a while. His main priority for this song was to at least get the chorus written down and the hook. The guys would hopefully help him with the verses later. He stayed put in his room for what seemed like hours, until his phone started buzzing. Calum was calling and he answered.

"Luke?" Calum asked from the other line. Luke set his phone on his desk and put his friend on speaker.

"Yes?" Luke replied. He could hear voices in the background and the sounds of footsteps.

"When are you going to amaze us with your song?" He said and Luke heard giggling in the background, knowing it was Ashton and Michael setting up Calum to do this.

"When I finish it, Calum. Patience." Luke sighed. "Oh, and slap Mashton for me, please." He requested. Calum laughed and Luke heard grunts and winces coming from the phone. Luke smiled to himself.

"Come over to the arena in an hour. We've got to rehearse for our show tonight in Sydney." Calum informed him before hanging up. Luke sighed heavily and rested his elbows on the desk. The song wasn't quite finished yet, and an hour wasn't going to cut it. Luke moved all of his notes into a stack and stuffed it into a bag that was by his desk. He grabbed the bag and slung it over his shoulder while quickly grabbing his guitar and heading out to the front door of his house.

When he stepped outside on the porch, Luke set his guitar on the ground for it to lean on a bench and called Calum, asking him for a ride. Calum accepted and Luke awaited his car to pull up. He hummed the tune to his song and smiled, excited for the rest of his bandmates to see what they think of it.

Calum's car pulled up and Luke walked up to him, carrying his guitar. Calum rolled down the passenger's window and waited for Luke to take a seat next to him. Luke placed his guitar in the back and slung his bag over his shoulder. He sat in the front seat and smiled at Calum.

"Ready to go?" He asked. Luke nodded and they drove to the arena to perform their concert. Luke was trying to think of any more ideas for his song before telling the guys.

'

When they arrived on stage, Luke said something different into the microphone this time. The voices in his ear piece were nagging at him to do every little thing, so he removed it. The crowd's screams soon filled his ear, and he smiled.

"Hello everyone. We're Five Seconds Of Summer. If you don't know us," Luke said, creating even more screams erupting from the crowd.

"We'd like to introduce ourselves." Luke smiled.

"Hi, I'm Luke Hemmings."