814

Italics=Trigedasleng
Sam's POV

Once again, Athena and I prepare ourselves to watch the horror of the fight between my father and a warrior.

Indra's daughter did the speech and the fight had begun. Only this time, my father didn't move. He looked towards Octavia the whole time.

The other opponent yelled at my father to choose a weapon. Yet, he stood still. The man cut and hit Kane, but he stood there taking it.

I grabbed Athena's hand and rushed towards Octavia. "Stop this!" I commanded her.

"I can't. He chose this."

I looked around, I knew the only option. "I stole it." I lied.

"What?" Octavia questioned.

"I stole the medicine. Not my dad."

Octavia lifted her hand and the fight was called off. She stood slowly and walked towards the balcony. "This fight is over. I have just had word that Sam Kane, daughter of Markus, was the one to steal the medicine. As our law, she will be the one to fight for her crimes."

My father looked worried to me as men came and grabbed me. "No!" He shouted. "No! She didn't! She's just protecting me! Please!"

My dad was taken out of the arena and I was placed in his spot. Athen followed but was held off at the gate. She had tears streaming down her face as my father grabbed her and pulled her close.

Indra's daughter spoke again. "The fight will continue. Be the last." The crowd cheered and I ran quickly to grab my weapon, a sword.

I kicked the man to the ground as he tried to swing at me. It went back and forth between us as we both delayed our deaths. As I lifted my sword to swing at the man, above us, it rumbled and shook. Some ruble feel through a hole that was made and I quickly took cover under the balcony of the arena.

People attempted to clear the arena but was stopped when someone came down through the hole. The man turned towards me. I knew him but he was older, his hair longer and now with a beard.

"Bellamy?"

He smiled at me as I ran into his arms. He spun me around while laughing. When we pulled away, he quickly grabbed my cheeks and kissed me hard. "I missed you so much." Bellamy said in his raspy voice.

"I missed you too." I responded with tears in my eyes.

It wasn't until another person came down that I looked away from him.

"Clarke?" She looked at me quickly. The tears in my eyes even heavier now. I ran into my best friend's arms and hugged her. We both laughed joyfully.

Two more people came down. Neither of which I knew. One man and one woman.

"Who are they?" Octavia questioned her big brother.

"We're here to rescue you." The woman said, almost believable. I knew something was off about her. I could tell it in my bones.

"Why are you armed?"

"O, it's okay." Bellamy stopped Octavia. Pulling me along with him as he had me pulled into his side and would not let me go. "We have an understanding."

"Before we get to that." Clarke interrupted. "Where's my mom?"

"I'll take her to her mother." Indra offered.

The gate of the arena squeaked opened and Athena and my father entered. "Mom!" Athena shouted and jumped into my arms.

The two new people looked at me curiously as Bellamy looked surprised by our daughter who had grown up so quickly.

"So," the woman started, "I take it your his wife and this is your daughter." She looked at me and Athena.

"Yes." Bellamy said. "Sorry. Sam this is Colonel Diyoza." I ignored her as my heart fluttered at the fact he refers to me as 'wife'. "How do we do this?" Bellamy asked

"Two at a time." The Colonel answered. "Why don't you people get your things and we'll get started as soon as we're ready topside." She commanded the people.

They all looked to Octavia who nodded her head. The people dispersed to get their things.

I set Athena back on the ground and grabbed her hand. "Why don't you go with grandpa and help him. I'll get our things in a minute."

Athena nodded and took off with Kane.

"How many people should we expect for extraction?" The man asked.

"1,200." Bellamy answered.

"814." Octavia corrected.

Bellamy looked shocked but shook it off quickly. "I'll help you get your things." He offered to which I accepted. "So, that's Athena..."

"Yeah, she remind me a lot of you."

"Really?" Bellamy's eyes lit up.

"Yeah, how do you think I survived this hellhole?"

Bellamy chuckled and wrapped his hand around mine. "Well, I can't wait to meet her."