Part 35; Anger Blinds

Start from the beginning

He stammers, trying to respond with something, anything, but he can't think of the words. "Scatter!" he orders the crowd of sheep. He's like a sheep dog or something if you think about it. Pinell follows after me, shutting the door behind him.

I sit on his desk, tossing what appears to be a stress ball into one hand and then tossing it back into the other one, "stress ball?"

He advances towards me and snatches the object out of my grasp. "Don't touch that," he hisses, "what do you want Garcia?"

"Well, remember your plan? To take down Tony Stark?" I reminisce.

"Yes, of course I remember that. Who do you think I am?" he retorts.

"Well," I smirk evilly, "I am going to kill him."

His eyes bulge out of his head, "what?!"

I merely shrug, "you heard me, Pinell. I am going to kill the man... more like the coward!"

He stammers breathlessly, once again stumbling for the right words, "Garcia... I-I-I told you I wanted t-t-to take h-h-him down. Not to k-k-k-kill him!"

"Right. Well you see, sir, I want to kill him. And I'm going to need someone's help and you seem to be the only one who shares my hatred for him, so let's do it!"

Pinell wipes his face with his palms and gestures towards the desk in front of his, "take a seat please." I roll my eyes but follow his command, slouching down in the seat. He follows suit by taking his seat at his desk. He folds his hands together and sighs, "what happened?"

"I came to my senses," I tell him.

"Raven, two months ago, you didn't even want to take him down. Now, you want to kill him. What did he do to make you this--"

I cut him off harshly, "--my father is dead. Cancer took him."

His face falls sympathetically, "wow. That's terrible. I'm--"

I butt in again, "--you're sorry. Thanks or whatever."

"Sorry to ask, but what does Tony have to do with this?" he asks curiously.

"Tony is a fucking billionaire, that's what!" I growl, "he has all this money just sitting around and he decides to not even try to pay for his own brother's chemo. He just throws it around and spends it on more Versace suits!" He runs a hand through his hair, flustered. I lean forward in my chair, determined to convince this man to help me, "look, this man is basically the reason your wife is dead. An eye for an eye, right? He is the reason for so many deaths and for our grief."

He smiles sadly to himself, "Mary was such a kind-hearted person. She saved so many lives and--"

"--hold up, hold up. Mary? That was your wife's name?" I ask.

"Yes," his forehead creases, "why? Is something wrong?"

The pieces seemed to fit together on their own. Bloody Mary was running in Sokovia and so was this Mary. Evil Mary seemed to die when she landed on that rock and Pinell believes his wife died there too.

"Close your eyes and think about the moment she died in Sokovia!" I cry out.

He seems so confused, his brows now furrowing, "what do you--"

"--just do it!" I scream desperately.

He puts his hands up in defeat, "okay, okay, I will..." Reluctantly, he shuts his eyes softly and begins to do it. My mind reaches into his and the second pathway is there. I clench my fists by my side, refusing to collapse like I did last time. I need to be awake for this.