My Life With Katniss Everdeen

Warning: Grab your tissues, for this is the very saddest part of the book. I'll try to make it short and not very descriptive to your likeness, so you won't waste all of your tissues.

Katniss's P.O.V.

I ran as fast as I could. I closed my eyes, so I wouldn't see Gale. So I wouldn't be able to see that the whole world was watching, was depending on me. On this very moment. On this whole chapter of my very own life. I ran through the crowd, which felt like it was getting smaller and smaller every second, it feels like. I eventually gave up on closed eyes, for even a blind person would clearly be able to tell what I knew. I forced myself to look at Gale, and not the crowd. "Katniss!", screamed Gale. He had turned towards me, and faced me. "Gale!", I shouted. "Oh, Gale!", I said. I raced over there to hug him. But I forgot that I couldn't with him in his current position. "Owoooooo!", I yelped, as my head banged on the metal pole. The whole audience, now, instead of looking towards Gale, turned in my direction. They all looked annoyed. I held my hand to my head. I heard whispers, but I couldn't exactly make out what they said. "Hurry up and kill him already. This is the same girl who prevented us from doing so before. Hurry!", is what they really said. I couldn't hear anything but, "Hurry." But that was enough for me. I grabbed a fresh bow and arrow out of my bag, and aimed. But just as I let go, I heard a yelp of pain. I turned. I heard the arrow strike the one guy in the gut. I heard the other saying, "Uh-oh. Uh-oh.", over and over again. "Hey, why are you saying that-", I suddenly stopped talking. It wasn't be his partner was dead, it was by mine was. I saw Gale take his last breath. "Katniss..... ", he said quickly, obviously knowing that he was dying. He opened his mouth to speak again, but it quickly shut, and his eyes rolled to the back of his head. They had killed Gale. And I hadn't been able to save him after all. I automatically started to hate myself for this. It was all my fault. It was now official. Gale was dead.

:( a/n: "Ooo. Da suspense is killing me." Is what my friend @cupcakesprincles would say. But what are you saying? Comment your thoughts down below in the comments section. And whoever shares their thoughts (at least two long sentences) on the situation above will be automatically entered in a drawing to win one free follow (if not already, but it's the bonus) and one free book of their choice for me to read and give feedback on. And who knows?! I might even recommend it for free! (Otherwise I will only if I like it) And also, guess what Gale was going to say, and the person right on or the closest will receive a free dedication to any book of their choice that is available, along with a free follow afterwards! :) Hint: The answer is hidden somewhere in the passage. Good Luck to all who participated in this great opportunity! Thx! Bye! ~Sarah