Chapter 8- When One Chapter Ends

Start from the beginning

"Paisley, you still need a follow up appointment." She tells me, grabbing a piece of paper and quickly writing some information down. She hands me the paper, looking me straight in the eyes, "Your tests reveal you're thirty-five days pregnant. Five weeks." She converts easily. "You need to visit one of these places for an ultra-sound in about five to eight weeks. To check the baby's heart rate, any problems, if you're having twins or more, gender; a full routine. And take this." She said giving me some flyers and packets to read over. I look over the list of hospitals and clinics she gave me.

"Can you refer me to a hospital or clinic near Ocean Isle Beach? That's where I'm spending my summer." I told her, handing her back the sheet of paper.

She nods her head, typing in her computer and then writing on the paper. She hands it to me, looking me straight in the eye again not letting go of the paper, "Good luck Paisley. You seem like a smart girl. I know you're going to make the right choices. Stay strong. Everything will be alright." She assures me, letting me have the paper now.

I nod my head, walking out the door and leaving the area. When I got to my car I threw the information packets and bag on the passenger seat roughly. I didn't feel sad, I felt angry. I felt angry at myself, JC, hormones, Plan B, everything involved in this. My tears weren't tears of sadness, they were hot tears of anger. My frustration came out on the steering wheel, banging it with my fists and accidently honking the horn which echoed loudly in the parking garage.

There was no way I was going to go through with abortion. Even though, adoption would be my second choice, I didn't think I had enough courage to do it. I would want the best for this baby no matter what, and giving it to a family that would love it unconditionally and be able to do everything for it. Have it be raised by two parents that couldn't have a kid on their own but would treat it just as if it were their own blood. I would want that for the baby. I want what's best for my unborn kid. It deserves the best. It deserves a chance. A life. If I had to do it, then I would.

*End of Flashback- Present Day*

"-Paisley is going with Zak and I'm going with Jase." Emma spoke. I blinked several times, coming back to reality. I picked up the last few words and realized that Emma was talking about prom tomorrow. "Who are you going with Miles?" She asks further, munching on some French fries.

"I didn't really want to go, but my friend Ally from French class asked if I could go with her. Just as friends. She knows purple is my favorite color so she told me we could wear purple. Kind of a deal maker for me." Miles explains.

"Paisley you're a little quiet over there. What're you thinking about?" Alice asks, sitting on the other side of the booth, diagonal from me.

"And a bit on the pale side." Miles agrees additionally. All eyes are on me as I sit up straight and wave my hands in the air dismissively. Rubbing my face and running my hands through my hair to calm down my nerves.

"Nothing, I'm just thinking about prom tomorrow. What I've got to do and when I've got to do it." I lie, stealing a fry from Emma's plate.

"You did eventually find shoes for your dress, right?" Emma freaked out.

I nodded my head only for Mile's to answer, "Found a fabulous pair at Ladies First Shoe for seventy-five percent off." He mentions, "Gorgeous am I right?" He said turning to me and nodding his head.

"It goes perfectly with the dress. I'm talking about right to the cut from the same fabric and the back of the shoe and heel and black and sparkly. It's perfect." I said, gushing over it. If one thing has been going well in my life is my shoe choice for prom.