2.3 The Unwanted (1)

Start from the beginning

Their shifu loved Mei Zi very much, and initially intended to take her as the former's succeeding disciple. However, the princess' qi was incompatible to learn the more secretive and higher-end form of martial-arts of the sect.

Mei Zi had a harmonious relationship with her shimeis - Zhu Hong and Ju Huang. Although she was reluctant to leave Ping sect, ultimately she knew that she would not be able to advance further in the sect and decided to leave. It was also to allow either Zhu Hong or Ju Huang to be their shifu's succeeding disciple.

Hence the purple rose decided to bloom in the Imperial Palace, making do with what future she still had after her cultivation hit a brick wall that she could not break-through. She left Ping sect as a martial-artist, like many other predecessors of the Imperial Princesses' line before her that was admitted to Ping sect.

She soon was taken in to be one of the many harem residents of Emperor Zuo. The Emperor and herself were distant cousins. Although they had some common blood, the myriad of relationships and marriages between the royal family members and their distant relations -- cousins, in-laws, and even sometimes nephew or nieces -- had diluted the thick blood tie that would usually cause a deformed offspring. The last issue still occurred every once in a while, what with the complicated family tree of the Zuo lineage. However, the deformed babies born from such relationship would always be killed upon birth.

The Imperial Family members must always be outstanding people with perfect appearances.

--------------

Zhu Hong glanced at the little girl standing to her side.

The girl -- Ji YuLan, as she called herself as -- was staring at a distance, towards a specific direction that was obstructed behind the many elegant structures and fake mountains that graced the garden

Zhu Hong's smile got wider at the slight frown soon forming on the little girl's forehead,

"Do not concern yourself with such matters. Whatever they want to hide is none of our concern."

Although her voice was stern, Zhu Hong still felt pride swelling inside of her.

Just like YuLan, Zhu Hong and Ju Huang had noticed a disturbance in the air at the direction the girl had been focusing at.

Although nothing seemed to be amiss, the sky at that particular area was just slightly distorted, should a discerning eye were to pay attention. For seasoned cultivators, it was practically impossible to miss the fluctuation of qi forming inside the barrier. The air was stagnant and the person who had set up the barrier was definitely doing whatever they could to hide the surging qi inside.

It was enough to fool Established cultivators and novice Martial-artists, but was a child's play for an Enlightened and a Sage that was Ju Huang and Zhu Hong.