Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Betrayal. Anger. Sadness. These were the first things that I felt when I saw Leon. He was with another girl. Not just with another girl. He was kissing another girl. Jake and me spotted him at Mario’s, that burger place he liked. He was sitting with a petty girl. She had jet-black hair, cut to her shoulders, and grey eyes. She pulled out, and smiled at him, and so did Leon. Until he saw me. He looked shocked and scared, but sad also. I turned around and walked away with Jake. We were so over. He didn’t even take a second glance at me. He just continued kissing the petty girl. Jake noticed me sad, and hugged me.

“Its okay jess” he said.

“Its not okay! Why would he do this to me” I said, mad as hell.

“I don’t know, but he’s dead”

“I agree” we kept walking in silence, when Jake grabbed my hand and intertwined my fingers with his.

“Do you miss New York?” Jake asked me, breaking the silence.

“I miss my family, but I really like it here, besides, it’s been long since I last saw Pete”. Jake nodded. We got home, and I went for my house.

“Pete!” I screamed at the top of my lungs.

“What!” he said. He was on his laptop, working.

“We need some brother sister bonding time! We haven’t done anything together yet!” I said.

“Sure, what so you want to do” he asked me.

“Lets go out for dinner, I don’t know, maybe ice stake later?” I said, excited about the part of ice-skating. I loved it.

“Okay, we leave in 30 minutes, one hour tops” Pete said, closing his laptop and leaving it on the couch. I ran to my room, and put on a clean set of clothes. I grabbed a bag and put in my phone, my wallet and my pair of ice skates. My mom had bought them for me in November, as a present for my 17th birthday. I applied some make up and did my hair, and then went downstairs. Pete was waiting for me downstairs.

“You look great jess,” he said, “for a cow”. I laughed.

“I hate you! Stop it!” I said, pushing him away as he tickled me. He stopped and laughed.

“Okay, lets go” he said, climbing into the car.

“How are you liking it here?” Pete said.

“Its great, I've made a bunch of friends”

“I'm glad you like it” I smiled. We sang and talked.

“How is your work doing?” I asked Pete.

“Great! Its even better as it was before”

 “Good, I thought they were going to kick you out of your house if you didn’t start working”. Pete chuckled.

“How’s school?”

“Good, I haven’t failed anything so I'm happy”

“What college are you going to?” Pete asked, and that got me thinking.

“I don’t really know”

 “But the end is near!”

 “You just sounded like one of those guys in the streets with signs” I said, remembering how I had seen several times a homeless person with a big sign that said: ‘the end is near’. I laughed at the thought, and Pete joined me, finally understanding what I meant.

“You’re slow,” I told him. He shoved me playfully. We finally got to the restaurant. I was glad I had gone casual. The place was simple. I was wearing a pair of jeans, a casual t-shirt, and a jack Wills sweatshirt that my friend Ellie had brought to me from her trip to London. Pete and me sat down at an empty table, and a waitress approached us.

“Hey! My name is Anna and I will be your waitress tonight? What would you like to drink?” a uniformed girl asked us.

“A coke for me, and a 7up for the lady” Pete said, putting on a fake British accent. If id had water, I would have spit it in his face from laughter. He actually sounded British, but he sounded weird to me. “So, m'lady, would you like so tea afterwards?” Pete said. I clasped my hand to my mouth and started laughing hysterically. “Sure thing, kind sir” I finally responded, when I calmed down. The rest of the dinner consisted of joking, laughing and talking. Finally, we reached our final destination. The ice-skating rink. Pete rented his skated, and I put mine on. They were still a perfect fit, and looked brand new, even though they were white. I stepped into the ice rink, and let my feet lead the way. I felt so free when I skated. I practiced twirling, and various jumps I had learned. People just watched me in awe, and some of them clapped.

Our skating adventure passed by too fast. Pete had probably fallen a million times; I bet his butt was numb from all the falling. His jeans were soaked, as every time he fell the melted ice on the top stuck to his pants. The trip home was fun, singing at the top of our lungs and imitating different accents. Halfway home, I started to feel sleepy, and after a while, I fell dead asleep.

___________________________________________

Hey guys!! I finally uploaded! I have like bazillion homework’s and I'm seriously dying! I’m sorry if I didn’t post yesterday, but a few days ago I said I would post everyday. Exams are near so I'm basically dying. But please bear with me! I promise I will try to update more often, and make the chapters longer. The unfair thing is that I do like 6 pages on word (no double spacing or those other things) and still get like 3 pages and cant reach four! I know this is a short chapter but ill make it up to you! Thanks to all of my fans and to all of the people who have read my story and voted! Comments and feedback are appreciated. Thanks to all of you!

VOTE & COMMENT PLS! IT MEANS A LOT TO ME

THANKS,

-SunGirl