Chapter 1

"That should do it" the man grinned as he checked the tattoo over, "its perfect, she is gonna love it" his nerves came through in the way his voice wavered as he spoke. She was excited for the young lad, she had just tattooed her very first marriage proposal on the nineteen year old and not to brag but she felt very pleased with the results of her hard work. The man stood placing his shirt back on before pulling his wallet out, she shook her head at him as she raised her hand to stop him "no charge" the lad, now confused shook his head "no please, this could be the start of a beautiful future for me" she smiled shaking her head again "I'll tell you what lee, you invite me to the wedding instead". Lee chuckled nodding "thats if there is one" she smirked "actually its rather a question of when this wedding will take place rather than if" he smiled as he headed for the door "thank you Kate, your awesome" she chuckled as she lightly pushed him out "i know, now go get yourself a fiancè!".
She sighed contently as she turned the open sign to closed, locking the door caused a smile to break out on her face. As if on cue, her ringtone filled the studio. "Hey Aaron, you about to land?" She could hear muffled voices on the other end before hearing Aaron speak up "yeah in ten minutes or so, you on your way?" She nodded grabbing her keys before realising that he couldnt actually see what she was doing "yeah just leaving the studio now" she said her goodbye before getting in her range rover and heading to the airport.
"Wish we could turn back time, to the good old days" the music blasted from the car windows as Kate sang along loudly. She wasn't a bad singer, some would even say she was pretty good but at this moment in time she wasn't fussed about the sound of her voice, she was just excited to see her brother.
Her excitement bubbled within her as she pulled into the parking spot and stepped out. She couldn't help the anxiety she was currently feeling, she knew why her brother and his friends were back in LA and to be honest, it filled her with dread.
The Ghost Adventures crew were back home in LA for their lockdown in the famous delevità Hospital, most famous for it's hauntings. She shook her head trying to clear it as she awaited their arrival, she smiled brightly as she caught a glimse of Aaron laughing with Jay about something.
She stepped forward as Aaron looked up, spotting her. She giggled loudly as he picked her up in a big bear hug, he was saying something but it was difficult to understand with all his excitement. "Aaron put me down! I can barely breathe, you nutter!" She giggled as he put her down with a chuckle, a goofy grin still playing on his lips. "I missed you" she grinned "i know, who wouldn't?" She smirked as he shook his head "i missed you too big bro". Jay approached them with Billy, both smiling widely at the pair. Jay stepped forward giving her a soft hug "Hey Kate" "hey guys!" She engulfed Billy in a tight hug before noticing that someone was missing. "Where is Zak?" She looked between them in search of him, Aaron smirked at her "he is just grabbing his bags" she punched Aaron in the arm, smirking as he yelped in pain.
Small talk. How painful it was for her when all she could think about was seeing her favourite crew member. Zak was the person she was closest with, it was natural for her to miss him when he was gone for weeks or sometimes months with Aaron.
She heard the sound of someone approaching making her stomach do flips, she turned in anticipation only to grin at him. He grinned back before embracing her tightly "missed you" he whispered sending chills through her body, she pulled back smiling at him "Missed you too" he grinned down at her as he was a little taller than her. The guys were now all smirking at the two, Kate couldnt help but roll her eyes. "Guys?" They all looked at her as she jumped into a luggage trolley "to the car!" She shouted and pointed to the parking lot dramatically as Zak chuckled taking control of the trolley. She giggled as he went faster, her arms involuntarily went into the air and Zak laughed, the wind whizzing through her hair. She felt the trolley stop making her pull a sad face and groan in annoyance "i was enjoying that" he shook his head helping her out "i could tell" she pouted as they filled the boot of the car with their luggage. She glanced to Aaron who was whispering something with Zak, she couldn't make out much of the conversation but picked up a few of their words. "Who wants what place in the car?" the pair sheepishly looked her way, she could tell that they were arguing over the passenger seat by the look they both wore. Aaron stepped forward "you know cause I'm your favourite big brother? Well can I take the passenger seat?" She rolled her eyes "your my only brother so i dont have a choice whether your my favourite as their is no competition" he shrugged with a grin as Zak gave her his best puppy eyes. She sighed realising that they both wanted the passenger seat so she grinned at them, they shared a confused look as she walked round the car and told Jay to jump in the passenger seat. Zak frowned as he watched the pair hold hands as Kate led Jay to the passenger side, he watched her giggle as Jay whispered something close to her ear. Jealousy coursed through his body as he angrily got in the car, slamming the door in the process. Kate noticed his odd behaviour but decided now was not the time to discuss it. The music blasted as she sped out the car park and down the road towards her house, she glanced in her mirror at Zak who was already staring at her. She smiled at him in hopes of receiving one back, he shakes his head as a grin breaks out on his face. She hears a call coming through, taking a moment to accept the call in her car, she smiles. "Hey Kate?" His voice wavers, from excitement or heartbreak she is unable to tell, this caused her heartbeat to speed up. "Yeah Lee, im here" she hears him sigh as Aaron speaks up "who's Lee?" She frowns at Aaron "shut up for a moment, Lee your killing me here. What she say?" She hears a deep sigh on the other end as she awaits his answer in anticipation, his current reaction gave little help in her trying to figure out if Maria had accepted his marriage proposal. "She said...."