To A New Generation Of Warriors

Say a stranger came up to you and asked "What are you clothed in today?".   Well you would probably look at them with a strange and confused face saying to yourself, "Um...clothes?", wouldn't you?  "Um...clothes?" would probably be my immediate reaction to a seemingly obvious question as well.  Every day of our lives, one of the first things on our minds is what we are going to wear that day.  We wake up everyday and get dressed to face the people of the world, the people that look at us and judge us the most.  If I knew someone was waiting to see what I wear everyday it would cause me a lot of stress and insecurity, wouldn't it do the same for you?  We have all been in that position.  We have all been stressed and insecure about how we look because we know that someone is always going to be looking at us to see if we fit their standards.  In society we have been taught that we need to dress, look, and act a very specific way for anyone to like and accept us.  I am here to tell you that your clothing goes deeper than the name brand items or makeup you wear everyday to make sure you fit in.  Boys, girls, men, women, we are all clothed in something everyday aren't we? But what are we wearing deeper than our physical outfits? 

(Ephesians 4:22-25) God has created and called us to be like Him, in righteousness and holiness.  If we are supposed to be like God in those ways, what does that require of us?  In Ephesians 4:29 we are told "Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen." (Matt.7:1-2)  In this specific verse we are being told to guard our mouths and think about the words we speak, not judging others in a way we ourselves wouldn't want to be judged.  Ephesians 5:21 tells us to "Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ." Submit to those around you in the way Christ has submitted Himself to you; with an unwavering, never changing, unconditional love.  We are called to love, forgive, and protect our fellow believers as Christ does for us.  (Galatians 6:10)  God calls us to live in such a way that both believers and non-believers can see Him through us and wonder what it is that sets us apart. (Psalm 34:8) So if we are called to all of these qualities, how should we clothe ourselves for this daily battle?           

Get prepared!! "Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. Put on all of God's armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil." (Ephesians 6:10-11)                   This is how we are supposed to clothe and prepare our minds, spirits, and hearts before clothing our physical bodies.  (Ephesians 6:14-17)  So, when you wake up in the mornings for school, work, sports practice, whatever it may be; prepare your heart, spirit, and mind, dressing yourself with the armor of God before preparing your physical bodies.  When you submit yourself to the Lord, and you put on the armor He has prepared for you, your life will be forever changed.  The world will no longer be able to stand against you and judge you for what clothes you are wearing, how you act, what you say, or the things you do. (2 Corinthians 10:4)  You are worthy and clothed with strength and dignity. You no longer have to worry about the future or what people think of you because you are protected by Gods armor and power.  (Proverbs 31:25)  Live like the royalty you are and remember that you are made in the same image as the almighty God, the devil doesn't stand a chance against you.  Now, say a stranger noticed something different about you and came up to you to ask, "What are you clothed in?",  would you be confident in your new armor?