Epiphanies-1

I am a flowing river. Moving on and on, ceaseless. I just can't stay stagnant and still, brooding about the past.

You want to swim in me? I'll flood your lungs and suffocate you with my love and you'll be left wanting for more. You build a boat of trust and affection and sail on me, and I'll take you to awesome places you never knew. You just want to sit on my banks and watch me flow, while you tell me your woes? I'd be the best listener you can find, non-judgmental and soothing, drowning the voices in your head with the monstrous sound of my swirling waters.

You want to revel in joy? I'll cascade you down the waterfall of delight from the high and mighty heavens of passion into a dense and foggy mist of calm ecstasy that'll feel ethereal. I'll irrigate the fields of your life with my canals of encouragement and support. You want to travel with me? I'll flow with you right from the cold tops of the colossal mountains where I originate until the dark, frigid and mysterious depths of the ocean where I unite with my brethren from faraway lands.

You contain me behind the walls of the dam called your heart, and I'll light up your life with my boundless energy.

But...

You throw trash in the pristine waters of my soul failing to grasp the enormity of your folly and treat me with utter disregard for my love for you, I'll give it all back to you in due time, when my rains come and make me rise in torrents. So better keep your shit with yourself.

And, if out of sheer indifference to my existence, you build a bridge of scorn and snobbery over me and walk away to what could be greener pastures on the other side, without so much as a look of acknowledgement, I'll continue flowing towards my destiny too, like water under a bridge always does, and never even once look back.