Chapter 13: Drunken Impulses

"It's Lexa's."

Octavia and Raven just looked at each other in shock.

"Clarke, what do you mean it's Lexa's?"

"Well.."

Earlier that night...

After, they had all been separated, Clarke found herself being pushed back into the crowd. Barely holding the drink in her hand, she downed it in order to avoid spilling it on herself. Also to do what she came here for, to get drunk and forget her problems. She had to find Lexa though. She had waited so long to see the girl she so longed to be around, and by god she was going to spend time with her. She's the only thing that actually made her forget her problems, not to mention how good it felt to even just be in her presence.

Clarke pushed her way through a sea of people in order to try to find the girl in question. Clarke was on a mission. It took a little bit, but she did end up finding her, but what she also found was something she didn't want to see.

She found Lexa standing against a wall on a less crowded part of the party, but she wasn't alone. Very close to her stood a tall, dark haired girl, who was obviously flirting with Lexa, and Lexa seemed very into it. She was leaning into the girl, and they even laughed together. Clarke wasn't sure how long she had been staring at the exchange, but she forced herself to turn away when it appeared that the dark haired girl was leaning in to kiss Lexa. She also didn't know why watching that exchange lighted a fire deep inside her. Why was she so angry? Clarke even felt herself choking up, but why? In her soul she somehow felt betrayed, despite never being like that with Lexa. She knew that she wanted to, but never really let those feelings out to the surface, or even remotely acknowledging them. Now, however, she did realize. Her feelings for Lexa were there and very, very real.

Seeing her with that girl made her feel things she's never felt and eventually Clarke found herself in the kitchen, where hundreds of dollars worth of alcohol sat. She went straight for the bottle of vodka. She poured some into a cup along with some orange juice. She began to drink it fast. The liquid burned down her throat and warmed her body. By this time, the effects of the drink she was handed at the start of the night were beginning to take effect.

"Whoa," Some guy standing by said, "Did you just drink that all?" He asked curiously. Clarke nodded and showed him the empty cup, "Damn your hardcore as fuck. Do it again."

By this time, Clarke had already gathered a small crowd of guys who were eager to see her down another cup of alcohol. Clarke always knew she was good at handling her drinks, this is just the first time actually being somewhat recognized, even if it was by some slightly drunk guys. Without a word, she poured herself another cup of what she had previously had. She began to drink and the guys began to cheer her on. She nearly finished when someone prevented her cup from going bottoms up.

It was Raven.

"Whoa," Raven said as she lowered the cup, "Slow down there kid. I think it's a good idea to be able to walk by the end of the night."

"I can handle myself, Raven." Clarke responded slightly slurred and snatched her cup back into her control. Raven seemed concerned.

"Are you okay, Clarke?"

"I'm fine." she responded coldly, "Just... just leave me be."

"Alrighty then," Raven said, "I'll leave you to get totally wasted then." Clarke rolled her eyes at her and finished the drink as Raven left. The guys cheered again and they began to try to mimic Clarke in chugging whole cups of alcohol. Clarke was going to continue until she saw Lexa.

Clarke didn't think she noticed her because she just kept walking. Something inside Clarke told her to follow her. She wasn't sure if it was the alcohol, or the way Lexa seemed to simply draw Clarke to her like a rouge object in space, but Clarke followed her.