Chapter 34

EDITED

The next day, after Drago and Orlando left for their office, Gina decided to drop by to meet Julia, who didn't seem to look so happy to see her.

"When did you come back?" Julia asked while sipping her tea.

"Yesterday." Gina said with a slight frown. "Drago didn't tell you?"

"Mmm." Julia shook her head. "Why do you think I am surprised to see you?"

"I thought...I mean, I met him last night and-

"You met him last night?" Julia asked with surprise and Gina smiled.

"Yes. We had dinner together." She said and sipped her juice with leisure.

"He was with you?" Julia said, more to herself. "I thought he was with Sonia again."

"Who is Sonia?" Gina frowned as she put the glass on the table to concentrate on this, suddenly very important, conversation.

"She is...Drago's friend." Julia said and smiled a tight smile.

"Really? I have never heard of a Sonia before? Where did she come from?" Gina asked and Julia looked at her.

"America. She's is such a nice girl, intelligent and beautiful and such a hard worker." Julia said in her impressed and proud tone and Gina rolled her eyes.

"What does she do?" Gina asked with a shrug.

"She's a philanthropist, builds orphanages for unfortunate children. Such a noble task." Julia sighed with a smile and put her cup down. "Anyways, I am getting quite late for...something. I will see you later, good day."

Saying so, Julia stood up and left the hall, leaving Gina seething.

"Who the hell is this Sonia with whom Drago goes on dinners? Was the girl...in the restaurant yesterday...her?" Gina wondered as she got up to leave.

As she reached her car, an idea popped in her head. Quickly taking her phone, she dialed a number.

"Hello? It's Gina Accardo. I want some information about a girl. I don't know much about her except that her name is Sonia, she's a philanthropist and that she's currently in the city. Get me as much information as possible about her, especially any dirt, and I want it asap. Once I get it, you will be paid handsomely. Good day." She cut the call and drove away with a smirk.

--

Drago walked out of the conference room after a two-hour long meeting and went into his cabin when his father followed him.

"Why didn't you tell us that you were with Gina last night?" Orlando asked as he closed the door behind them.

"I never took Gina's name, Mom just assumed that I was with Sonia." Drago shrugged as he sat down. "Anyways, what is the big deal? We just had dinner."

"You are right, it's not a big deal." Orlando chuckled. "I will be leaving then."

"Dad." Drago sighed and his father stopped. "Why are you acting like this?"

"Why are you acting like this? Two days ago, you were rushing to see Sonia in the middle of-

"Why are you bringing Sonia into all this?" Drago frowned and stood up in frustration. "What does she have to do with this? And I told you, Gina and I just had a simple dinner yesterday."

"Okay. So you did not propose to her?" Orlando said and Drago looked at him with widened eyes.

"What? No! Why would you think that?" Drago asked, shaking his head.