The Party- Jessica and Louis

"That dress looks amazing on you!" Ariana squealed as I stared at my reflection in the mirror. I was wearing a one-shoulder purple dress, where the top was tight-fitting and the bottom was full of ruffles, landing at about mid-thigh. Around the middle, separating the clingy from the loose, was a pink sash, tied into a pretty bow at the side. My long, wavy, dark brown hair was done up, held in by bobby pins, and accentuated my high cheek bones.

"You don't look that bad yourself," I grinned, giving her a wink. She just rolled her eyes, heading off to do her makeup. Ariana was dressed in a simple strapless black dress, landing at about knee-length. It wasn't tight, but it wasn't loose either, and it hugged her curves perfectly. Still grinning, I turned back to the mirror, scrutinizing every detail, making sure I looked perfect. My gaze drifted behind me to see Ariana slowly coming towards me, her hands full of makeup products. "Oh no, you are NOT making me wear that junk," I shrieked, backing away as she was inching closer. I absolutely hated makeup. Hated it.

"Oh come on, why do you even own it if you're never going to wear it?" she asked, a little deflated.

"It's for you! You practically live here," I countered, seeing a small smile creep onto her face.

"At least put some eye liner on. It'll make your 'big brown eyes' even bigger," she tried again. I sighed, nodding my head remorsely. She grinned, grabbing my hand and dragging me to my vanity, where she plopped me down on the seat and went to work on my eyes. I tried my hardest not to cringe away, I mean one small move and she could poke my eye. "Done!" Ariana exclaimed, turning my chair around so my eyes were once again fixed on my own reflection. I was really starting to feel like Zayn Malik, always being in front of the mirror... I gasped, I had expected it to make me look like a raccoon, but it actually did look great, and made my brown eyes pop.

"Let's go get our party on!" I yelled, dancing out of the room and grabbing my car keys, Ariana cheering behind me.

#######################################################################################

We walked into the dining room of some fancy hotel that Kelsey rented out for her 18th birthday party. It wasn't a big party, just close friends and family, and by close friends, I mean Ariana and I. That's it. Really, spending a night in a reception room with Kelsey's family wasn't the first thing on my bucket list, hell, it wasn't on my bucket list at all. The only reason we're here is because Kelsey begged us to come, saying she would be bored to death without us. That, and the fact that she has an apparently "hot" cousin who's a couple years older than us coming.

"Guys! You finally came!" Kelsey squealed, running up to us and hugging us both individually. I hugged her back with one arm, the other awkwardly holding her present between us. "Now we're only waiting on Louis."

"Who's Louis?" I asked curiously.

"Oh, my cousin. You guys would get along REALLY well," she replied with a wink and a knowing smile, tossing her long blonde hair back and staring at something behind me. "Here he comes!" she grinned, waving him over to us. I turned arouns, my eyes locking with his blue orbs instantly. My own eyes widened in shock, taking in his tousled brown hair, black suit, striped tie, and black Toms. Louis Tomlinson.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY KELSEY!" he yelled, running up to Kelsey and giving her a huge hug, lifting her up and spinning her around. "Hello loves, I'm Louis," he said to Ariana and I after putting Kelsey down.

"I'm Ariana, it's such a pleasure to finally meet you," Ariana said politely, a smile plastered to her face that I could tell was fake. One difference between us was that I loved One Direction, while she hated them, almost as much as I hated makeup.

"I'm Jessica," I said, unable to meet his clear blue eyes.

"Well Jessica, you look beautiful tonight." My eyes snapped up in shock. Louis Tomlinson just complimented me! Don't fangirl, don't fangirl, don't fangirl. Ariana's eyebrows shot up, and Kelsey grinned, grabbing her hand.