"This is my best friend Paige! Paige? This is James!"

They both said Hi and shook hands and Paige soon went off to dance with Henry again.

"I thought Lazer-Gaze was your best friend" James said right next to my ear. I couldn't help the shivers that ran down my spine. 

"There's a difference between a girl best friend and a boy best friend"

"Am I a boy best friend?" He said smiling.

Not if I could help it, he wasn't!

"Not even close" I said smirking at him. 

He seemed happy enough with my answer as he pulled me to him and started to dance with me. He bent down and whispered into my ear as I clutched his shoulders for support. 

"Well that's good. Because if I was your BFF then I would have to withdraw my promise of a kiss"

I looked up at him with a puzzled look. So he didn't want to be my friend because he wanted to be more... Or did he so that he could not kiss me?

James laughed at my expression and slung his arm round my shoulder and headed to the bar.

"Come on Charcoal, let's get a drink"

"Not alcohol. We're drink walking"

"If we're drink walking then you need alcohol" He said with a duh face.

I laughed at him and waved my hand in dismissal. "None for me thanks"

"Alright Charcoal. None for you. Coke?"

"I do not want drugs either!" 

"Coca Cola you idiot!" He shouted laughing at me.

"That could be drug!" I retaliated.

He passed me my coke and he had his smirnoff ice. "How did you even get served? You're not 18 yet!"

"I guess I look older" He shrugged, "I'm 18 soon though. Only 2 months"

"2 weeks" I said poking my tongue out at him.

"What do you want as a present then Charcoal?"

"Nothing"

"Don't lie"

"A unicorn"

"That can be done" He said pointing a finger at me as if to say 'I have contacts'

I laughed at him and then dragged him back to the dance floor. The band were playing some fast rock song which James and I were having a laugh trying to keep up to.

"Charlie!" I heard someone call. I looked behind me to see Tom making his way through the crowd.

"Lazer-Gaze alert" James whispered into my ear which made me giggle.

Tom didn't seem to like James being so close to my ear and I saw his jaw clench slightly. James stood firm and just waited for Tom to come over.

"Alright mate?" James said politely. He was so nice fair play!

"Spectacular. You alright Charlie?"

"I'm fine thanks" I said smiling at him.

"Want to get a drink? Both of you" Tom said seeming to force himself to say the end bit. 

"We just got some thanks. I think we're gunna stay here and dance for a bit"

Tom nodded his head and grumbled off to the bar while James and I started dancing again.