Awkward encounters

Start from the beginning

"Ok, Ok! You won on the lolly-"

"Ice cream!!"

"Alright! Ice cream, sheesh! Anyway. I bet you've never tasted an ice tea as great as the one you're about to taste"

"Alright... I'm intrigued"

I laughed and pulled him in the direction of a little coffee/sweet shop.

"Taste this" I said passing him a brightly coloured peach ice tea.

"Mmm!" He said appreciating the taste.

"Nice right! It is my favourite drink ever!"

"How do they make it?"

"Don't know! But the best thing is yet to come" I said smiling as the lady handed us a little tub of  cream. I took the spoon and held it in front of James. He immediately took it from the spoon and smiled. 

"Doesn't the cream taste amazing after drinking the tea!!" I said excitedly.

"Oddly enough... It does" He said smiling.

I took a spoonful of cream and ate it. James started laughing at me and I blushed profusely.

"What?" I said bringing my hand to my mouth.

"You have a cream moustache" He said smirking.

"Oh-"

"Wait! I'll get it" He said reaching to my face and wiping off the cream with his thumb. He gently dragged his thumb down to the corner of my lips and I smiled immediately.

"Uh, Hi" A voice said from beside us. James and I snapped out of our moment and I wanted to punch whoever had ruined it!

"Tom!?" I said surprised.

He was standing right by us and frowning at James. "Who's this Charlie?" Tom said bluntly. Sheesh! What's his problem?

"Hi to you too, Tom" I said frowning at him, "Tom, this is James. James this is my friend Tom"

"Alright?" James said smiling and being polite.

Tom ignored James and continued to glare at me. "I didn't know you were out today?"

"Well I am. James needs a guide and I'm obliging" I said stealing a smile at James.

"Can't he find his own way around" Tom spat out.

"Tom!" I said louder. Why was he being so menstrual!

James looked awkwardly between us and stepped away. "I'm gunna go finish my drink outside Charcoal"

"Be there in a sec" I said my eyes not leaving Tom.

Tom glared at James as he left the shop and then returned to a blank expression when he met my gaze.

"What the hell was that!" I said shouting at him.

"What was what? 'Charcoal'? Since when do you like nicknames"

"Wow! Are you hormonal or something? Did your Mum forget to buy you tampons"

"What?"

"Why are you being a jerk? You didn't even say 'Hi' to me"

"Sorry" He said, his voice softening. 

I hugged him and he immediately hugged me back. "It's Ok, you didn't have to be mean to James"

"Who the hell is he anyway?"

"I met him in Brighton"

"So what's he doing here?" Tom said looking confused.