chapter nine | contemplating murder

Start from the beginning

"A point? You wanted to prove a bloody point and that's why you kissed me?"

"Oooh, I didn't know Ms Student Council member knew vulgar words," he winked at Jenny. "It's refreshing. And to answer your question, I was trying to prove to you that one, you are affected by me and two, that you were jealous."

"I was not jealous!"

"Now, now. Do I need to kiss you again to prove that you were?"

Instantly Jenny covered her lips with her hand before she took a couple of steps away from Daemon which just made the latter laugh.

"Oh come now, Jenny. I won't bite."

"You're crazy!" Jenny snapped at him.

"Hey, you were the one who interrupted me remember? You found me first."

Jenny scoffed at his ridiculous statement. She couldn't believe that he was the same guy that she had crushed on, however small a time it was, before. "You were in the bloody hallway for goodness'sake. What the heck do you expect? Get a room next time maybe."

Daemon took a step towards her and when she didn't take one back, he took another. "I've been thinking about you a lot lately."

Jenny put a hand up, palm facing him. "Stop!"

Daemon stopped taking a step towards her, a confusing grin on his face. "Like I said, I've been thinking about you a lot lately and I thought of something."

"I don't want to hear it," Jenny said firmly, knowing that if he was the one suggesting it, it wasn't something good.

"It would benefit both of us."

"Whatever you say, I know it'll just benefit you. So save your breath and just shut up." Jenny released a sigh as she looked down and noticed her phone.

Her breath caught as she remembered that she had been talking to Santana before she ran into Daemon and Jessica and forgot all about her.

She stared at the screen, worried as she noticed the blank screen. Santana had hung up.

But that left her with many questions.

How much had Santana heard before she hung up? Did she hear Daemon? Did she hear everything they had talked about? What if she did? What should Jenny do?

Jenny dropped her hand as she felt exhausted by everything.

Daemon watched her with an unreadable expression on his face before he nodded subtly at her. "Fine. Just come find me when you're ready to hear me out."

Before he turned around to leave, Jenny said, "Don't hold your breath."

The corner of his lips tugged up into a smile as he nodded before he turned around and walked away, leaving her to her thoughts.

* * *

Jenny threw herself onto her bed later that evening as she let the exhaustion from the day settle in.

After her eventful run-in with Daemon, she headed for the council meeting that she wasn't that active in. Glenn noticed and after two times of trying to get her attention, he left her to her thoughts. Then she had to go drop of Jake at Aunt Carol's.

She had a paper due in three days, but Jenny couldn't even focus enough to start on it.

Her mind was filled with Daemon and his still yet unknown proposition, Santana and whether she suspected anything between Daemon and her and Glenn who had been calling her since the meeting ended.