chapter four | she who he never noticed

"Daemon," a knock reverberated on the door, echoing in room. "Daemon, get up!"

The shrill and loud voice of Delancey Matthews pounded at Daemon's eardrums, like he was a drum that she was beating on with no mercy.

Daemon tightened his eyes shut, feeling a migraine start to creep up on him. He tugged the blanket over him to shut out the rays of sunshine that had managed to creep in through the gaps in the blind.

"Daemon, I expect you downstairs in fifteen minutes for breakfast," Daemon's mom's voice echoed from outside the door. He could hear the impatience in her tone and was just grateful that she hadn't come into his room already with guns blazing.

Despite the fact that his mother scared him much more than anything else that existed or had ever existed in the world, he still didn't move an inch at her words.

Seeming to have guessed that Daemon hadn't moved an inch, Delancey continued, "Or you will lose your car privileges for the next month."

Instantly, Daemon rose up from his bed, still covered in his blanket. "I'll be there," he shouted loud enough for his mother to hear him. He groaned as he grabbed the blanket and pulled it off his face, the sun blinding him momentarily before his eyes adapted to them.

His mother left without another word as Daemon rubbed the sleep out of his eyes.

The pounding headache that had quickly settled over him had him wishing he could just spend the entire day in bed. But then he knew his mother would follow through with her threats. She always did.

Then again, it was his fault that he had the pounding headache. He knew that the night of downing shots and drinks like it was water would result in a hangover today.

He knew he should stop drinking and partying, especially after what had happened the last time he had gotten drunk.

Jenny Archer.

The name still left a sour taste in the back of his mHe hadn't expected her to be the one mistake that he would've committed because he had gotten drunk. 

Even though he himself didn't remember all the details of that night, he was grateful that they hadn't slept together. He knew that that would've been the worst thing to do. 

There were too many problems with that. One, being that she was Santana's friend. Even though he had somewhat given up on a relationship with Santana, it didn't change the fact that he still loved her and sleeping with someone close to her would feel somewhat like a betrayal to her. Two, was that her brother was Jesse and given their recent past, Jesse wouldn't necessarily be forgiving towards him if he slept with his twin. And last but not least, Jenny was dangerous territory. She wasn't the type that one could necessarily just sleep with casually.

In fact, after waking up next to her that day, Daemon was eighty percent sure that she was a virgin and that she was saving herself for someone special. Someone he definitely was not.

Other than that, there was also the fact that he hadn't really noticed Jenny before that night, at least not notice her enough to think of her as someone other than Santana's friend.

She was always there, Jesse's twin sister that had quickly become a close friend to Santana. Other than him both being grateful and being somewhat annoyed at her always being there for Santana, he never really had paid her that much attention before.

And now to think that he was avoiding her over a kiss, Daemon wanted to laugh at the ridiculousness of the situation.