The Switch

A/N: Hi, guys I am so sorry for not updating this in such a long time! I thought you ought to know that I also recently shared this wonderful writing over on a site called Movellas as well. It's something like Wattpad, so all you talented souls should definitely give it a go! In the meantime, here - read the latest Wattysode/Movellasode here!

"Marinette?"

Mrs. Dupeng-Cheng was heard from downstairs, as per usual. But, Marinette wasn't heard responding.

"Marinette, you're going to be late for school again, honey why...."

She opened up the hatch door to her daughter's room only to find her green and in bed.

"Oh, mom? Is that you?"

She barely spoke.

"Oh, honey what happened?"

Her mother approached her and saw she wasn't looking good at all.

"I have no idea. I was just fine last night, and then I woke up like this..."

Her mom pecked her forehead only to realize she was burning up.

"You can't go to school like this - let me make you some soup, that always seems to help."

She left Marinette alone and went downstairs. As soon as she closed the hatch door, Tikki appeared on Marinette's bed cover.

"Oh, no...You're sick..."

She snuggled into Marinette, but got pushed off.

"No, Tikki I don't want to get you sick as well, please..."

Tikki seemed to not care and didn't listen to what Marinette had barely said.

"It's fine. Kwamis can't get contaminated by sick humans. I think we have enough illnesses of our own to care for though."

Marinette broke a smile, despite being in pain all over her body.

"Marinette?"

Her mom came back with the soup.

"Here, this should make you feel a little better. And don't even think about going to school."

Marinette coughed so badly that she nearly choked on the first sip of her soup.

"Wouldn't dream of it mom."

She sarcastically replied, despite the seriousness of the moment.

At school, Nino and Alya were the first to arrive at the school's front staircase. As per usual Adrien was running late again and Nino decided to stick around and wait for him.

"But, the class is about to start Nino! You're gonna be late too."

He smirked.

"If my bro is late, I am late. That's how we roll."

He said as he pecked Alya's cheek while she was preparing to sprint to the classrooms inside.

"Fine, whatever."

She ran off and he stayed, and after a couple more minutes, right after the school bell rang, Adrien's car was visible approaching from the corner of the street.

"Gosh, finally!"

Nino yelled out as Adrien came out of his car.

"Sorry, I had to wait for my father for a bit. For once, if you can imagine we were giving him a ride as well."