13. New entrants

Arnav POV

“Whatever you want to convey tell that from far.” I heard Khushi rather talking in a rude tone.

“Don’t come between us Miss. Whatever. It's between him & me.” Meghna replied arrogantly.

“You better address me as missus... Mrs. Raizada is better. And you have no right to stop me from interfering in matters which concerns my husband.” Khushi replied back fervently.

“Wow!!! Even yesterday born got tooth to argue with me.” Meghna retorted sarcastically.

I couldn't help but imagine a fierce Khushi who doesn't think twice before giving slaps. My palm automatically raised to my cheek & rubbed the area where she had slapped earlier as if it happened just a moment ago.

“Daddy what happened to your cheeks?”

I get startled by her sudden query as I felt everyone eyes on me. Instantly I took back my palm from cheeks & looked at Khushi who scrunched her brows as if trying to read me.

“What?” I mouthed trying to act nonchalant but her reaction screamed her untrusty on my act.

All of sudden my breath got hitched & ears turned red at being caught.

“Don’t worry arnavji. I won't slap her. That treatment was exclusive for you.” She whispered on my ears. I gulped at her ability of guessing things in fraction of second. From the start she's proving this, at least in my matter she guess everything. I can't believe, my every reaction is obvious to her. How is it possible?

“Miss. Meghna I want to talk to you ALONE.” Khushi declared giving extra pressure to the last word.

Why she want to have a talk with meghna alone? What is cooking in her brain? What if Meghna spill out everything? What if the truth comes out? What if my fear come true? I.. I don't want to go through those sympathy glances again. Especially Khushi. I don't want any of her emotions be it either love or pity. I don't want it. I am enough for myself. I don't want her. I shook my head to clear the uncertainty I felt at the moment. I need to act fast than muddling over the past.

I looked up to stop Khushi from engaging in conversation but stood stupefied seeing the empty space in front of me. Instantly I looked aside & made a run towards dadi.

“Where's she?”

“Who's she chotte?” She questioned as if she don't know anything.

“Khushi. Where's she? Why didn't you stop here? You're seeing everything silently as if some stupid drama is happening here.” I roared getting annoyed by her ignorant behaviour. Why is she not understanding anything even after knowing everything?

“This drama is far better than those shows telecasted in television. Watch this silently chotte, even Ekta Kapoor shows will not be so interesting like this. My Khushi betiya is beating the evil left & right.” Dadi spoke proudly as if there's nothing wrong happening in our lives.

“Stop your nonsense dadi. Don't test my patience. Why didn't you stop her?” I yelled in stern voice fearing about the worst.

“Why should I? If you want you can go & stop her but wait… I won't allow you too, that Meghna needs some serious lessons from Khushi betiya.”

“Stop your drama dadi. Have you forget about the past? What if Meghna tells her everything?” I asked swallowing the uneasiness. What if Khushi come to know about that? How'll she react? Will she pity me like others? Or Ignore me like she did? But why do I care? Why the hell am I wasting my time about Khushi reactions? She can think whatever she wants.