Chapter 215: The Road To Vegas

Chapter 215

Jax's Point of View

A loud knock at the front door startled me awake. Rowan moaned, snuggling herself into my side even more but didn't wake up. I rubbed her back trying to soothe her so she'd stay asleep. It was a little after one in the morning according to the clock on the night stand. Who the fuck could possibly be knocking on our door this late? I thought maybe it was Trinity coming in from where she'd gone out to dinner with that douchebag Avery, but Rowan said she came home earlier. I slid out of bed and pulled on my boxers and grabbed my gun off the nightstand and clicked the safety off as I crept down the hallway.

Rae and Abel were still sleeping, the soft glow of the night lights in their rooms peeking out from behind their half open doors. Trinity was knocked out cold on the sofa. How the hell she didn't hear the bang at the front door was beyond me. There was another knock at the door as I approached it. I peered through the peep hole and let out a breath when I saw who it was.

I unlocked the door and opened it to see Lena and Opie staring at me. "You know how late it is? What the fuck?" I put the safety back on my gun.

"Sorry, we forgot you're ninety years old and go to bed at six." Opie smirked, lighting a cigarette. I flicked him the finger and held the door open so they could come inside.

"Jax?" Rowan called from down the hallway. I glanced down the hall to see her standing in the doorway to our room. She was tugging my shirt down by the hem to cover her legs. "Is everything okay? I heard a noise."

"It's alright." I assured her.

"Oh good, you're up!" Lena beamed as Rowan walked down the hallway, wiping sleep from her eyes. She half laughed as Lena hugged her. "What are you doing here? Where are the kids?"

"Kenny and Ellie are at Mary's and Gemma's watching Leo." Opie answered.

"I know it's late, but we have a mission to go on before we leave for Vegas!" Lena announced, practically giddy with excitement. Rowan looked as confused as Opie and I did. "It's time for an impromptu shared bachelor and bachelorette party!" Lena grinned, clapping her hands.

"Is she on something?" I half asked Opie, unable to handle her cheerful demeanor this late.

Opie chuckled and shook his head. "This is what I deal with on a daily basis, bro."

"I'm not high, asshat." Lena rolled her eyes and took Rowan by the hands. "You're my maid of honor, who's made of honor and I can't get married until I have a bachelorette party! So, my dear, are you in or out?"

Rowan bit her lip and looked at me, smirking. She wanted me to go along with it, whatever it would be. With Lena that was agreeing to a hell of a lot it seemed. "We can get Trinity to listen for the kids." I suggested, shrugging. Rae and Abel were out cold, they shouldn't give her too much trouble while we're gone.

"I'm in! Let me get dressed!" Rowan and Lena ran down the hallway into the bedroom.

I chuckled and shook my head. I glanced at Opie. He was leaning against the wall smiling staring down the hallway after Lena. She was good for his uptight old ass. "Any idea what the hell we are in for?"

"Not a clue." Opie chuckled, grinning. "It makes her happy though. I feel bad we're doing a Vegas shotgun wedding. She deserves better, you know?" I nodded. Lena seemed like she was just happy to be marrying Opie. "I think she'd marry you at the courthouse if it meant she got to be with you, man." I slapped his shoulder and headed down the hallway into the bedroom to get dressed myself.