7 • An actor?

[just to clarify, this imagine is set in 2010 so obviously marvel was at thing before but in the terms of films Iron man 1, 2 and Incredible Hulk is out]

I unlocked the door and went inside, closing it behind me, then walked into the living room, dropping my bag to the floor.

I flopped onto the couch and got out my phone, calling my dad for the third time that I wasn't coming home, which funnily enough, got quite annoyed at, unlike last time he said I hadn't called at all.

I hung up the phone and went onto my marvel account on Instagram. But I quickly realised didn't have any data left, so I needed to find Tom's router to get the password.

I got up from the couch and looked around the room, unfortunately finding nothing, so I continued my search to his study. I spotted the WiFi box on his desk and turned it over putting in the password.

My eyes drifted to a pile of dvds, almost collecting dust. I went over a flicked through them: most were 5 years old and I'd never heard of any of them. However one was quite recent, called Archipelago, so I went back to the living room and put the film on.

[Also I know they started filming thor in 2010 so just pretend that archipelago was earlier on]
After only 10 minutes I saw something in the corner of my eye, I'd been looking at my phone for the most of the movie but now my full attention was towards the tv.

My eyes widened at the screen and my jaw dropped. It was Tom. My Tom. My boyfriend, Tom. Tom fucking Hiddleston, Tom. I fumbled around the couch to get my phone, that I must have dropped a few seconds ago, I searched him on google and saw a few films I'd recognised from earlier, so I scurried myself to the study again.

I flicked through the dvd once again, realising that they matched up, even seeing Tom's name written on some of the boxes. I sat down at his desk, laughing in disbelief until I heard the front door click open and closed.

I hear some foot steps and a bag drop to the floor before hearing half my name being called out, followed by some laughter. He must have seen the movie. "Y/n?" He called, finishing it this time.

"I'm in the office." I yelled back.

He walked in and picked up the pile in front of my on the desk. "So... I see you've found my stash." He chucked, looking down at me, sat on his chair, then putting the boxes down once again.

"I cant believe you didn't tell me about this!" I exclaimed, trying to pull a sad face but failing miserably.

"It never came up." He chuckled, shrugging slightly.

"I definitely asked what you did before teaching, and you didn't say it then!"

"That's because I'm still doing it." He said simply, giving me a large grin before leaving the room.

I followed him to the living room and plopped on the couch as he took out the disk while shaking his head and laughing at himself on the dvd cover with his face on it. How did I not notice him on it before? "What would you like to do?" He asked when he'd finished.

"Watch a movie?" I suggested. He nodded and smiled, sitting next to me and turning on Netflix.

***

I ended up persuading him to watch one of my favourite films, Iron Man.

"That was actually good!" He said when the movie ended.

"You seem surprised." I laughed.

"No no," he chuckled. "I mean the genre, I feel like it's my kind of movie."

"Oh really? I honestly thought at first you'd be really good at emotions on camera, but now you mention it I can definitely see you as one of these guys."

"Oh yeah on camera, I forgot about that. I really don't think I could level up to that guy
and marvels budget is like a squillion quid, I'd be too scared."

"Don't be scared, what do you have to be scared about? Every actor has a preferred role and genre and if action is something you'd like to try, then fucking go for it! You should find out what works for you and if it doesn't work out of you don't like it, then try again or next time do something different."

"You sounds like you know what you're talking about." He chuckled.

"I've actually researched this a lot. I've been wanting to since I was in primary school and when the first Iron Man came out I was all for it. I've been influenced so much by movie and tv so it would be nice to do that to someone else someday." I looked down at my lap and smile to my self.

"What's stopping you?" He asked, making me glance back up at him. He was sitting sideways towards me with a warm smile on his face.

"Well, I'm obviously still in school and stuff so it probably wouldn't work out,"

"But it didn't stop me. I was teaching in England and acting there,"

"But-"

"No, no but's, you said I shouldn't be scared," He retorted, raising his eyebrows.

I sighed and moved my gaze away from him, my eyes drifted to the large floor to ceiling window, allowing me to see the sun setting on his garden. I turned towards him once again: he was still in the same position but his smile had dropped.

"How about we watch Iron Man 2?" He asked, clearly trying to cheer me up for what even reason he though I was upset.

I breathed out a chuckle at his kindness and sent a smile his way, nodding slightly. He grinned and clicked the remote, finding the second movie.

When the movie was about 20 minutes from ending, I felt tiredness come over me, Tom noticed but I didn't want to bother him, even though I saw him eyeing me every time I tried to cover my yawns with my hands. I hadn't slept much in the last week, however my hectic household had stopped my peaceful nights.

Tom turned his head and looked down at me, I looked up to him, making everything go in slow motion for a little while. But he spoke up first, realising my daze. "Would you like to go to bed?" He asked.

I nodded.

He took my hand and stood up, turning the tv off and eventually guiding me to the stairs with him, through the almost pitch black room. We came to a stop a little after the stairs, he opened a door to a nicely furnished, large room, with a double bed in the middle.

"Tom, I don't have any pyjamas," I addressed as he was turning on the bedside lamp, he turned towards me, chuckling slightly, flicking the switch on. He went over to the wardrobe and routed around, finishing a few moments later with some sweatpants and a t-shirt.

"They're too small for me so they should fit you nicely," He smiled. "You can keep them if you want."

I nodded, smiling, talking the clothes as he pointed out the bathroom to me.

When I came out Tom must have been sat on the bed, like he'd been waiting for me. He sprung up almost, and laughed at my outfit, which fit better than I expected.

"Good night darling," He said as I got into bed, but I paused and furrowed my eyebrows quickly.

"What? You're not staying?" I asked softly.

"Well... I just assumed you... wouldn't want me too," He said slowly. My eyes clearly showed that I disagreed. "You want me to stay?" He asked, quietly.

"Of course." I answered simply.

He nodded as a smile grew on his face. He got into bed beside me.

When he finally clasped me in a warm, slow and luxurious hug, I felt every problem melt away. His chests rising and falling against my back, our breaths in unison, and the warm blood that I could feel in our embrace.

I really didn't want to rush this ending of the chapter, that's why it's been awhile. Also I know it does sound rushed, but my first draft for the ending was you got cold and then you both cuddled and it just felt awkward or whatever so I redid it.