One

Maria was glaring at them, see was the most pissed off about the situation we had found ourselves in.

"So what's your deal?" My team mate finally questions.

"We were sent on a mission and you were already there," Ironman responds, clearly fed up with Maria's stern look.

"Welcome to British Curtesy," I mumble to Even and Lilian who laugh. A couple of there guys give me looks of amusement but I wither a little under Maria's unimpressed look. I caught the eye of one of them who had long brown hair and a metal left arm. He offered a strained smile before turning his attention to his blonde friend who was stood next to him.

"Well you almost fucked up our mission. So God save the Queen and get the fuck off of our continent," Maria says angrily and the Avengers cry out in disagreement.

"Maz, wait a second," I say, grabbing her shoulder as she turned to leave. She shivered at my cold touch and slipped out from under my hand but facing back towards me. "That kid was hurt, they shouldn't move him. The Avengers can't do any harm if we watch them," I say and Maria sighs, looking around at the faces of the rest of our team mates.

"I said no," she points out and I roll my eyes.

"This isn't a dictatorship, Maria," Jordan says, folding his arms with the same pissed off look he gets every time Maria tries to boss us about too much.

"They can stay," Lilian agrees and Maria sighs, looking between our faces again before nodding in agreement.

"Fine," she turns and stalks out of the room and Evan groans in annoyance.

"I'll get her," he sighs, jogging after her.

"You can stay until that kid gets better," Lilian conveys the message over to the Americans who breathe a sigh of relief.

"Can I see him? I'd feel better treating him myself," one of the men step forwards. "I'm Doctor Bruce Banner," he clarifies, noting our unsure expressions.

"Doctor Jameson is good. We have full faith in Ginny," David says unsurely, stepping towards the man and shooting us an uncertain look.

"I'm sure your doctor is fine but Bruce would prefer to treat the kid himself," Black Widow says, stepping forwards and folding her arms threateningly. I place a hand on David's shoulder and he looks at me. I nod.

"I'll take you down, I was going to visit Leo anyway," Lilian says, giving a polite smile to the doctor who nods at her thankfully and giving me a smile before exiting the room behind Lilian.

"I'll contact Moss," Jordan says to me and I nod.

"Good idea. Ask him if he knows what the fuck is going on," I mutter and Jordan snorts. "Also, I'm going to say that I may need to steal some of your clothes for these guys to wear, too," Jordan just nods, already looking at his phone as he leaves the kitchen.

I turn towards the Avengers who were still in their fighting suits. I smile at them, unsure of what to do now.

"I'm Y/N," I say finally and I feel a little of the tension lifted from the room.

"Tony Stark," Ironman's mask opens up to show me the millionaires face and I nod. The rest of the Avengers say their names.

"Bucky. Barnes." The attractive man adds it quickly, as though it's an afterthought and I nod towards the man with the metal arm.

"Let me show you the floor above. There should be enough spare rooms up there for you all," I murmur and turn towards the hallway, leading the way upstairs. "Most of us are on the floor below, Maria is on the ground floor - but I'd avoid her for the next couple of days at least if I were you - and then I'm on the top," I explain, pushing open the door to one of the rooms. "Make yourselves at home. I'll go and get some clothes for you all to change into," I say with a slight smile, walking towards the staircase again, walking through the crowd of super-beings.

"Y/N," Steve says after me and I turn, nodding at him, noticing everyone else but Bucky already going into rooms. "Thanks for this, I know that girl - Maria?" I nod in confirmation, "I know that she didn't want us to stay,"

"It's no issue, seriously," I assure the super solider who nods, giving me a charming smile before turning to Bucky who starts to whisper to Steve in concern. The smile drops from Steve's face and he nods grimly, looking at me over his shoulder. "Is there a problem?" I ask and the men turn towards me and I feel my heart flutter again at Bucky's handsome features.

"Bucky has bad nightmares," Steve says after a moments hesitation.

"Steve," Bucky growls but Captain America just sighs, shaking his head.

"It's okay, Bucky," I tell him, playing with my fingers. "You're not the only one," I offer a slight smile towards him. "If you're worried about waking someone up in the night then I can move you upstairs?" I offer and Bucky doesn't respond at first, his eyes scanning my features as though looking for any sign of betrayal.

"Don't you sleep upstairs?" He questions finally.

"I'm a heavy sleeper," I crack a smile at him and a slow smile spreads across his face too, nodding and following me.

Later that evening I was preparing dinner for the Avengers and I, the rest of my team having other plans.

"So what it your deal?" Tony asks, coming in and grabbing an apple from the fruit bowl.

It was disconcerting seeing all of the Avengers dressed in my friends clothes. I would see Sam dressed in Jordan's shirt and jeans and go to talk to him like one of my best friends before noticing who it was and flushing bright red, apologising.

"What's our deal?" I echo in confusion, stirring the curry again, jumping up to sit on the counter. "Wanda, can you get the plates from the cupboard behind you?" I ask the young woman who nods, clearly happy to help.

"Yeah, as like a team, you know?" Tony clarifies and I chuckle.

"We're just like you. Just with better accents," the Avengers scowl at me in annoyance.

"Girl's got a point," Natasha speaks up from the table and I laugh, pointing at the assassin.

"At least someone sees reason,"

"But what does everyone do?" Sam asks in curiosity, taking a drink from one of the beers I had found in the fridge.

"You mean powers?" I question, thanking Wanda as she passes me the plates. Sam nods again. "Well Lily's a shifter, can turn into any animal. One time I annoyed her so she turned into a snake and hid in my shirt draw," the Avengers chuckle at my tale just as Bucky comes into the room, hair damp from a shower. Without the blood and grime on his face he was even more attractive. "Want a beer, Bucky?" I ask and the soldier nods, taking the seat next to Steve and Wanda opens the fridge again, taking out another beer to pass to Bucky.

"Thanks," his low voice is hoarse and he catches my eye, smiling. I can't help but think that Leo's shirt looks better on Bucky than it ever did on it's actual owner.

"Leo is an empath and the nicest person in the world. Him and Lily are dating. Then Evan is, like, the brains you know? He can hack into anything, he's a cyborg, I guess?" I question and Bucky seems to tense at my words, my eyes slide over to his metal arm and I wince a little, turning my back to the Avengers to start dishing out the curry. "Jordan's just very, very fast," I notice the shake in Wanda's hand as I pass her the bowl of curry. Clint rests a hand on her shoulder in comfort and I furrow my eyebrows.

"What about the other one, Maria?"

"She's an elementalist,"

"What about you?" Bucky asks quietly and I smile at the soldier.

"I can freeze things," I say simply.

"That explains the two Arctic Wolves that I saw outside your room," he grins and I chuckle, nodding.

"They came just after I got the powers, from nowhere at all, but they've stuck by me. Max and Toby,"

"That's adorable," the soldier says and I can't help but be surprised by his sweet tone. Even Steve looks a little taken aback. The soldier blushes lightly and goes back to his surly silence.

I watch him for a couple of seconds in silence, unable to contain the smile growing on my face. Bucky looks up, clearly feeling my eyes and smiles back, winking at me in a teasing matter.