2.0 Echelon of Immortality

Start from the beginning

Hell would be more than happy to embrace those type of souls.

However, although he understood the theory and the technicality of it, he normally was not able to discern the mortal physiques nor the fates those swaying souls had been linked to.

Only two deities in heaven had that ability. One was the Seer . The other was the Scribe of Fate.

He frowned again, this time because of the sudden uneasiness that had just crept into his mind.

He could recognize some of the lights.

He should not be able to.

He saw souls of the mortals that he had called younger brothers in the life before his mortal death.

He saw two mortal souls that were his Imperial Father and Imperial Mother. And another light - quite bright on its own - that was constantly closely congregated with his mortal parents' souls.

It was the soul of the King of the Northern Kingdom, at least before he went missing on purpose.

Nevertheless, he felt no significant attachment to those souls.

Mortals, were temporary.

His mortal life as well, was ephemeral. It was fleeting, nothing more than a brief dream, which soon would be forgotten in the extending eternity that was the norm of his existence.

As soon as he thought of that, he could somehow understand the core of thinking of the other existence that had haunted his mortal life. And why the soul -- that he had cursed and loathed himself for, in his past mortal life -- took so many lives, thinking and feeling nothing of it.

After all, souls were eternal.

"Yue (1)!" A voice interrupted his trail of thought. He heard the name - his real name - being called.

The stars in the sky disappeared. It was but an illusion manifested from his power after all.

A fluttering figure, dressed in purple - the color of royalty - inaudibly landed by his side. The fluidity of the movement added to the person's innate grace and charm.

He nodded politely towards the person - someone that all inhabitants of heaven were all familiar with. After all, this deity - a beautiful female that looked no older than her early twenties - was the person who wove the tales of their mortal tribulations.

The Scribe of Fate.

The female deity's name was Ming(2), surnamed Tian(3)

The female deity's name was Ming(2), surnamed Tian(3). She was the only sister of the Heavenly Emperor. The members of the clan of the Imperial Family were the only immortals or deities who could bear the surname Tian. Everyone else only had one syllable to represent their title, their name, their domain. Just like Yue had.