EPILOGUE

molly quinn as EDEN STUART

mckenna grace as ELIZABETH STUART

—TWELVE YEARS LATER

princess eden of france and scotland smiled and greeted her guests. as the duke and duchess of some scottish lands that she forgot walked away, her eyes glanced up and she gasped.

walking towards her was her uncle sebastian de poitiers. she remembered him from her childhood.
"uncle bash!" she grinned, pulling him into a hug.

"how is my favorite niece?" he asked, his blue eyes glancing down at his now eighteen year old niece.
"i'm trying to be better." she shrugged.

her father had passed and she was left with her step-mother, agnes and her step-sister, elizabeth. her father had pulled her away from france and the only family that she had known, forcing her to be with him in scotland.

the following year after her mother had passed, her father had met lady agnes keith and months after their courtship, she was with child.

eden didn't hate agnes, she just did not love her. however, she loved her step-sister, elizabeth. elizabeth was the most energetic twelve year old that she knew, she was always happy and treated everyone with respect.

"i have a present for you." sebastian held out his hand. eden looked down, seeing the letter in it. the seal was red, with an 'I' pressed into it.

"thank you! who wrote it?" eden's eyes flickered from the letter to her uncle.
"your mother wrote it for you before she passed away. she wanted me to give it to you on your eighteenth birthday." sebastian informed.

eden stuart set her brush down on her vanity and stared down at the sealed letter. she was unsure on if she wanted to open it.

the last memory that she had of her mother was wiping away the tears from her pale face.

her hands reached for the letter and she opened it slowly. the handwriting on the parchment was quick and slightly messy, but eden could still read it.

"to my love,
you are my greatest accomplishment and you are the proof of the love that your father and i had. you are every part of us and more. even though i did not cherish you enough when i was there, i hope you know that i love you more than anyone i have ever met. i hope you come to understand the love that i had for arthur. if you begin to resent me, i understand. i wish i could have seen what a beautiful princess you grew up to be.

i will love you forever eden.

love,
your mother."

thank you all for reading this series!
this series has meant so much to me and it is by far one of my favorite projects that i have done. i'm so grateful for being able to share isabelle with you all (: