Chapter One

Izuku was confused, but pushed his thoughts aside.

Writing in his dream journal once more that morning, he recorded the familiar glimpse of the serene world he entered. Despite having the dream over and over, the time him being there ranging for seconds to minutes, it seemed to this day that there was something special about it. As a child he had an array of dreams about many things, but now it was just this. An ornate church, a field of white lilies, and a petite figure in the distance. Before he could ever reach her, however, he wakes up.

Sighing he stretched his arms and closed his eyes, trying to wake himself up to start his first day at UA. He was beyond excited about this, happy that his dream was finally being put into motion at one of the most prestigious hero schools in the world. On top of that, for the entire summer he had been trained by number one hero All Might. The past months seemed so surreal and dreamlike that he often pinched himself to see if it was all actually happening. And it was.

Everything was looking up for him.

After a hearty breakfast from a proud mother, Izuku made his way to UA for the very first time. Despite being so happy about his recent achievements, Izuku was quite scared. With years of being belittled by a classmate that called him nothing, and the fact that he did not have a handle on his outrageously strong quirk, to say he was nervous to be around so many other talented students was an understatement. For a moment he thought that maybe he didn't deserve to be there, and that he was nothing compared to the other students, but he pushed that thought aside. He had been training day and night for the past several months to get there and by golly he deserved this. The determination in his eyes quickly cancelled the anxiety and fear, giving him a feeling as if he was on top of the world. Sadly, that only lasts for so long.

Walking into class 1-A, he shyly stepped through the door and was taken aback by the immediate confrontation from a blue haired boy with glasses. He remembered him at this point, the one that called him out in the testing room for muttering, but he pushed that aside.

"My name is Iida Tenya! I would like to say that you are a better hero than me!"

The boy rambled on to how he had saved a pretty brunette girl in the exam course by completely knocking out the zero point robot. He blushed, flustered at the sudden attention from his classmate and tried to relax the situation, but then the brunette girl he saved approached him.

The attention was overwhelming to say the least.

Luckily, a man in a yellow sleeping bag at the front of the classroom shut everyone up, talking about how time was a valuable resource. If they were going to be heros in three years, they would have to start immediately.

It seemed like not long after, they were in a training field, putting their quirks to the test in numerous activities to show their strength. And with the thought of being expelled on the line (courteous of their teacher) everyone was trying their best. Despite this, Izuku was left in the dust. His quirk was mostly offensive, and did not aid him at the moment with things like endurance or speed. Finally when they were at the ball throw, the one place he could show off his power, his quirk was taken away by their teacher. Aizawa Shouta, also known as Eraser head, had explained to both him and the class the painfully obvious truth. Izuku could not control his quirk, and it was a one trick pony that would lead to short lived and dangerous fights. Despite his better judgement, the man let Izuku throw.

Releasing the ball and concentrating the power to only his fingertip, the ball went flying. Going as far to pass Bakugo's by merely an inch. Still standing and with a proud look pon his face, he was escorted to the nurse's office to fix his broken finger. Not long after that, he was back in the classroom being congratulated by the members of his class. His nervous stutters and quite 'Thank you''s soon stopped after, an angry blond out for blood pushed through the crowd and grabbed the greenette by the shirt collar. Lifting him up, his eyes filled more and more with anger as the time slowly continued to pass.

"WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT, SHITTY DEKU?"

The boy was frozen, and while Aizawa started to break the two apart it did not stop the blond, his hatred too strong to contain.

"YOU QUIRKLESS BRAT, YOU WILL NEVER DEFEAT ME!"

And with that, he was gone.

Despite the fact that this behavior was quite frequent in his life, Izuku was still a bit shaken. Shaking off the event, he assured his class that he was indeed okay and continued to chat with them for the rest of class. Soon enough, the bell had rung dismissing the students to take their leave. Prepared to walk alone, Izuku was writing in his hero notebook, documenting what little he knew about his classmates quirks. Despite his zoned out state, he was promptly stopped by the girl that he had saved in the entrance exam. Joining her was Iida, trying to stop her running saying that it was against school rules.

"Hi! I'm Uraraka Ochaco, your Deku right?"

With little experience with attention or talking to girls, Izuku's face turned red as he explained that his nickname was graciously given to him by his childhood bully. She apologized profusely, saying that the name reminded her of the phrase 'you can do it'. With little hesitance, he accepted the name Deku and continued to walk with the trio back to his home.

When he got home his mother greeted him with a smile, asking about his day and what happened. Her son willingly spoke about all of his adventures of the day over a home cooked dinner, and was soon sent off to by a mother claiming he needed all the sleep he could get. Smiling at her good intentions, he humored his mother for once and set off to bed early. Usually he would stay up for another hour or two, training or messing around on his computer, but he was exhausted from the day's activities anyways. Slipping into some more comfortable clothes and wrapping a blanket around his form, he laid down on his bed and soon slipped into a peaceful sleep.

As expected, he was once more in the endless black room with the fancy door. Knowing the drill at this point, he sighed at the repetitivity and opened the door with a soft click. Setting foot into the flowery cathedral, he gazed at his surroundings to see a figure of a woman once more in the distance. He started walking over to them, breaking into a run soon after. Unlike other times before, however, he was actually getting closer. Closer than usual.

Waiting for his dream to end and to be sucked back into the real world, he got close to the girl. Very close. Putting his hand on her shoulder, she swiveled around immediately. Her eyes widened along with Midoria's at the sight of the boy, and a gasp escaped her mouth. Izuku, not knowing what to do, fell back into old habits. Freezing up at the moment, he prepared to start apologizing for his actions, but as he did, the girls expression softened. She gave a closed eye smile at the boy, making him relax just a bit more.

"Its alright, no need to apologize! My name is (Y/N), what's yours?"

"U-um, Izuku!"

She seemed to smile even more at the sound of his name, and a dainty giggle escaped her lips.

"Well, Izuku, I think we are going to be wonderful friends."