Edward Angst

I felt the heat of the sun touch my skin as I stepped towards my admonition from this world.The heat radiated directly in front of me and I was surprised to find myself in contact with something very warm and soft..

My arms reached out reflexively and I slowly lifted my eye lids in shock as realization gushed through me.

"Amazing, Carlisle was right." I mused full of surprise and wonder.My Bella was here with me. I was holding her in my arms again. Seeing her again.We had been reunited just as Carlisle had claimed we would be.

I had been so sure I was a soulless creature that there would be no afterlife for me.Yet here I was. Pleasantly. Ecstatically surprised to be with my Bella again.

Overwhelmed by her beauty I brushed my hand carefully against her soft cheek.

"I can't believe how quick it was. I didn't feel a thing-they're very good." I wondered aloud, relief and joy flooding through my body.

"Death, that hath sucked the honey thy breath, hath had no power yet upon thy beauty, You smell just exactly the same as always, So maybe this is hell, I don't care. I'll take it." I stated in a joyous murmur. It was lovely to see her again, to bathe in her beauty, to hold her in my arms, to smell her sweet scent, to hear her voice again.

Wait. She had just spoken to me and I had not heard her words. "What was that?" I asked politely despite my confusion and frustration at myself, for not hearing her the first time.

"We're not dead, not yet! But we have to get out of here before the Volturi-"

Realisation crushed me as I heard her words. The voices of a thousand minds suddenly awaked and gushed through my mind -no longer muted by the pain of loss.

All my senses awaked with the shock and fear of the dangers Bella and I now faced.