"I love you too. Behave and please, seriously do not come back pregnant."

I laugh, rolling my eyes. "I promise" I say before climbing out of the car and going to the backseat to pull out my suitcase. "Bye dad."

"Later kiddo" he smiles before I shut the door and watch as he drives off.

~

The flight to Los Angeles is a short one since I end up sleeping through the entire thing. I change in the bathroom before we disembark and I notice a few prolonged stares as I make my way down the aisle. I had changed into a short black dress that looked more like a two piece ensemble with it's lace bodice and short skirt. I watch as a mother slaps her son for staring and I laugh as I sit back in my seat.

Soon the plane lands and we all walk off and head into the terminal and I let out a deep breath as I look around the bustle of LAX. I head over to baggage claim and grab my bag before heading out to order an Uber. I get a nice older man named Charles and he's all too happy to take me to the venue where the boys are playing tonight.

I climb out and look up at the large stadium and let out a low whistle. "Damn" I murmur.

"Oh my god" a girl shrieks and I quickly turn to see what's wrong but I find her staring at me. "You're Maya Hunter! You're Josh's girlfriend" she exclaims and I laugh as I nod my head. Sometimes I forgot that by having a famous boyfriend I was sort of famous by association.

"Um yea that's me" I reply awkwardly. "A fan I presume."

"Is that a joke? Of course I'm a fan and my goodness you are more gorgeous in person! Do you mind if we take a picture?"

I smile. "Only if you promise not to post it until after the show...I'm sorta surprising Josh."

Her eyes widen. "Are you serious?"

I nod. "Absolutely. Do you mind keeping my secret?"

"Not at all" she replies. We take a quick picture and she beams looking at her phone. "Thank you so much! You really are amazing and I've see the videos of the stuff you've sang with the band. You have an amazing voice."

"Thank you" I reply. "I hope you have fun tonight...in fact, write down your contact info would you?" I ask, holding out my phone. She looks at me confusedly but does as I ask nonetheless and I smile as she hands me back my phone. I look at the screen and smile. "Jessie, nice to meet you."

~

"Ah" Natalie shrieks when she sees me. I laugh, throwing my arms around her. "I missed you so fucking much" she gushes. "This tour has sucked without you!"

"I second that" Sophie says, walking up to me. "Hey."

I roll my eyes at her and throw my arms around her. "I missed you too Soph." She chuckles, hugging me back and I step back to look at them both. "So, does he have any idea?"

I had called Natalie after I finished up my fan encounter and she had come out to get me and now I was hiding in her dressing room.

"Not the slightest. He thinks you're at a movie...an extremely long movie."

I bring my bottom lip between my teeth. "Perhaps it wasn't the best lie" I admit.

They both give me a look that tells me this should've been obvious and I laugh, shrugging my shoulders. "Anyway" I change the subject, pulling out my phone. "I met a fan earlier and she uh she asked me for a picture and in exchange for her social media silence I was thinking maybe you could upgrade her or something...I'm sure she'd love a meet and greet."

Natalie takes my phone and nods her head. "I think we can do that."

I smile victoriously. Tonight was going to be epic.

~

The show starts and I find it hard to stay in the dressing room while I could be in the wings watching my boyfriend. I wring my hands together and let out a deep breath as a knock sounds on the door and Max walks in. "Oh, I was uh looking for Soph...what are you doing here?" he asks. Sophie appears ten seconds later and pushes Max out of the way.

"Okay, I got the sound guy to change the next track but you have to be ready" she says and I take a deep breath as I stand up.

Max looks between us in confusion. "What the hell is going on here?" he asks and Sophie laughs, patting his shoulder.

"You'll see" she smirks.

I follow her to the wings of the stage and panic begins to set in as the sound guy hands me a microphone. "You'll be great" Sophie insists as Max walks back onto stage after his quick-change. Luckily the rest of the band entered from the other side.

"Ya'll having a good time?" Josh shouts and the crowd screams. "Let's keep this going" he says and I watch as confusion passes over his features when Blake begins strumming the chords of Amnesia. I take a deep breath and slowly walk out.

"I drive by all the places we used to hang out getting wasted" I sing and as soon as he hears my voice he turns around and his eyes widen.

I keep singing despite the fact that I feel like I may pass out and as I reach the chorus he joins in and it's just like we're back at the club and it's just a normal Friday night.

The song fades out at the end and Josh just stands there staring at me for a long moment. "I must be dreaming" he says dazedly.

I laugh, shaking my head. "Surprise!"

He pulls me in for a kiss and the crowd erupts in cheers while I laugh against his lips until we pull apart and he gazes down at me. "How long are you here?" he asks and my smile widens.

"Until the end of summer."

His lips part and I can't help hit pull him back in for another kiss. "I love you so much Penelope."

"I love you more" I reply, "but uh we have all summer for this...you should probably get back to your show."
He looks out at the crowd and laughs.

"Right" he agrees. "Go hang out with Soph, she never shuts up about how much she misses you."

I laugh, nodding my head before walking off the stage and situating myself beside Sophie in the wings.

"Three months away from MSA. A lot can happen" she says and I nod my head.

"I'm excited to see what happens next" I admit and then my words are drowned out by the chords of their next song.

A/N: Excuse me while I go mourn the end of one of my absolute favorite books. Ah, I loved this one so much and I'm so sad that it's over but I suppose it's just time to move onto book two 😏 Book two will fast forward through the summer and we'll find Josh and Maya trying to figure out their relationship after getting off the road. When both their careers offer huge new opportunities the two of them will have to decide if their love can really survive through their dreams. The sequel is called LA Baby and the first chapter is up now!