Barnaby Lee

Request by ClaraMrgln
A/N: I'm sorry I took so long pal. But I finished your request. Hope you like it!
........................................................

Hogsmeade weekend. You were just on your way to Y/H common room to meet Rowan before leaving to buy a dress for the upcoming ball. You and Barnaby had been dating for a year now so it was no surprise that you were going with him. You wanted to make sure you would look drop dead gorgeous for Barnaby, as you were sure he would definitely look handsome as hell.

“Hey Y/N! Wait up! Wait up…” Barnaby said running towards you in the hallway, and when he finally caught up, he put his hands on his knees to breathe from all his running.

“Merlin's beard Barnaby what is it!?” You said, genuinely worried about your boyfriend, as you looked down at him and grasped his shoulders.

“I can't find a green suit for the ball! Would it be ok if I wore the red one?”

“What? Nooo no no no no no.” You said shaking your head at him as he stood up straight. “Barnaby, not only are you a proud Slytherin but green is totally your colour. It's the colour that brings out your emerald eyes. Honestly I'd dance with you even if you showed up in your underwear-”

Both of you snicker at what you just said.

“Yeah I just said that. But I would rather you wear green because trust me Barny you're at your most gorgeous state only when you're in green.” You said tugging on his green tie to bring him down to lock your eyes with his beautiful ones. “Oh! Ask Andre! He'll agree!” You said as you notice your annoyingly fashion forward friend approaching.

“Andre? Do you think I look gorgeous in green?” Barnaby asked the dark Ravenclaw boy.

You face-palmed. He wasn't supposed to use the exact same wording. Why did Barnaby have to be so adorkably stupid?

Andre stared at Barnaby, a little shocked at the question he asked. “Look mate. I don't want to know what happens between you and your girlfriend. But… yes. You look your best in green.”

“See? Andre agrees.” You said.

“Where do I get the suit? I don't have a green one!” Barnaby told you.

“My dear Barnaby…” You sigh. “You buy one!”

“I'd be happy to take you to Hogsmeade to help you pick one out. I was gonna go too get one for myself.” Andre offered.

Barnaby looked at you and then back at Andre. “Yes. Sure I'll go with Andre. I'm going to need all the help I can get.”

“Great!” Andre beamed. He then tugged on Barnaby's arm. “So let's go now! We don't want to get there when they're all sold out.”

“Good luck Barny!” You said as they left.

“Good luck with your dress too! I'm sure you’ll look beautiful!” He said, winking at you before he left.

You blushed. But now one thing was for certain. You needed to burn the dress you had.

The dress that your grandmother sent you was pale blue, with huge puffy sleeves, and was over decorated with bows. You hated that dress. What was even worse that it came with a ridiculous wig from the medieval times. There was no way in Merlin's name you were going to wear that. Apparently your mother understood that you could not wear that dress either and sent you some money shortly after you received the dress.

[⭐___⭐]

The dress shop was not that crowded since the party was still a while away. There were still many dresses to choose from. Rowan already had hers, but since she's your best friend she helped you pick out a few. But they were either too frumpy, or too frilly, or too formal, or too fancy.