Prolouge

It's cold

It's cold...

I can't feel anything

But at the same time... Its warm...

What is this warmth...?

Oh right... I'm supposed to wake up now...

Is it morning already?

I'm not sure.... It's too dark...

"Lady Tetsuya, you should wake up now. The queen requests your presence." A stoic yet feminine voice had said.

Who's voice is that?

Oh yeah, my maid, Seren.

The homeless child with no parents, no home, and used to question what the point of life is. Until I saved her... I gave her a place to call home, a reason to live, a family.

"Lady Tetsuya, please wake up, you do remember the last time you were late on the queen's request don't you? Remember now, the queen has a very short temper and is very bitchy at times." Seren had said again.

I had then finally gotten enough energy to open my eyes to see what was going on.

Seren. In my face. Poking me.

"I'm awake Seren, no need to constantly poke me till I wake up." I said in a lazy voice

"My apologies then Lady Tetsuya perhaps I should wake you up the way Shiro wakes you then."

"Please don't wake me the way Shiro does to me. I'm starting to think every time Shiro wakes me, he wants so deafen me instead of wake me."

"Very well then Lady Tetsuya, I shall not awaken you the way Shiro does for the sake of your ears."

"Thank you Seren, but please, how many times have I told you? just call me Izaya, no need for such formalities."

"Very well then, but today is the only day I shall forget all my formalities toward you, Izaya.              NOW GET YOUR SORRY ASS OUT OF THAT BED NOW AND GET READY TO SEE THE BITCHY QUEEN!!!"

"Alright, but get your formalities back together when we reach the castle. We don't want to ruin our reputation to the entire kingdom."

"Yes, Izaya"

I finally got myself together and got out of my bed to get ready for the day. After I had changed, brushed my teeth, taken a quick shower, dried my hair, and the rest of my morning routine, I had gone to the dining room to eat breakfast.

"Good morning people."

"Izaya! Seren had said that we can drop the formal shit for today but we have to get our formal shit back together in the castle! SO HURRY YOUR ASS UP AND EAT!" Shiro had said in a proud voice.

"Best you shut the hell up before I punch you into a wall then Shiro." I had said in a calm yet playful voice.

I had the eaten and seen Seren reading something... A newspaper? But Seren hates reading newspapers...

"this is sudden, you rarely read newspapers, seeing that you always say that they're 'stupid, useless and a waste of paper.' what's on the newspaper that caught your interest?"

"There's been another vampire attack in the queen's kingdom, this time the attack left severe injuries, and remember the man that was constantly hitting on you like you weren't a noble the last time we went to the city where the castle is? Well the same guy had been attacked, they say when they found his body he was barely even breathing. Maybe we should check it out when we get there."

"Not a maybe Seren, we will check it out after we see what the queen wants with us. and Shiro, before you ask, NO you may not come with us, you'll drag attention and that's the least we want now." I said calmly, though my instincts were telling me to check out the event first then the queen.

"Alright, I won't come with you Izaya, Seren. but please be safe, you do realize that every time you leave without me I'm worried sick." Shiro had said in a worried voice.

"Shiro, get the horses ready, seeing that we are pretty far from the castle we will need some way of transportation." I said.

"Ok I'll get the horses ready for your leave." Shiro said before he left for the stables to ready the horses.

*le time skip to when Izaya and Seren reach the city of the castle*

"We're here." Seren said full of 'excitement'

We tied our horses to a post and left to the castle.

The streets were full of chaos, people were panicking about the vampire attack last night, children were either crying or completely oblivious to what was going on, parents were getting ready to barricade all entrances to their home, people were buying all they could so they wont have to go out at night. Just one vampire attack and everyone would go insane.

When we arrived to the castle gates the guards were more uptight than usual. they let us through though. We had been escorted to the throne room where the queen was in her throne sitting there like some goddess looking at bugs doing their work with her usual wicked glare. 

"Miss Tetsuya, finally you have arrived, I was thinking you wouldn't come

"Miss Tetsuya, finally you have arrived, I was thinking you wouldn't come." The queen said in a snobby voice.

"Why I would never disobey a direct order from you my queen." I said with a bow my insides becoming disgusted at how lazy and wretched she looked as a 'queen'.

"As the news has been going around, a vampire attack has been yet again committed. I want you to do your job and hunt him down. Izaya Tetsuya heir to the Tetsuya business the greatest business there is in the kingdom of Gwalivia I am entrusting this mission to you."

"Yes my queen, all work shall be finished in a few months time."

"Don't disappoint me, Vampire Hunter..."