38. A new relation

Hola! Missed you!!

Dedicated to anamikaprashant for the shower of votes. Thanks!!
Her book 'On Mumbai Street' is a very nice read!:)

Happy reading!

-----------------------

*Ritz's POV*

"Ekbhatts?! Do you mean the ones who protect the princess?" I ask with excitement. I like it somehow to see them, they feel like they are the people of my territory. They love, praise and cherish me. And I know I sound selfish, I want their security.

Even though I have met them for the first time I already feel some connection between us--long lost connection. They give me a sense of family--that's exaggeration but that's what I feel.

"Yes. Sweetheart." Neil puts a hand on the small of my back and pulls me to himself. His touch gives me tingles on my skin but I ignore them.

He is in a red U.S Polo shirt and ripped jeans. I cannot stop myself from saying," looking sexy as usual".

"Yahi hai Rajkumari. [She is the Princess.]" Abhay introduces me to Ekbhatts. If you don't remember I can quite understand easy hindi. One of the Ekbhatts stands in front--he is the leader I suppose.

He is a dark eyed man with a strict face. A thick beard lines his jaw and a moustache under his nose. He looks a bit startled at Abhay's remark but recovers with a smile.

I am in my loose shorts and a red tank top. My hair is straightened and tied in a ponytail. Neil is throwing daggers at the man who is watching me not in a perverted way but, who can help Neil's possessiveness?

"Who has come?" Mom descends the stairs and then her gaze lands on Neil. "Oh Neil! And Abhay even you." She exclaims. She takes the end of her saari in her hand and walks to us.

When the white clothed men come into her perspective she frowns in confusion. "Who are they?" She formally asks.

"Mrs. Dobrial they are Ekbhatts." Abhay replies. Doesn't he know that my mom is clueless about them.

"Ekbhatts as in?"

"Mrs. Dobrial hum aap hi se baat karne aaye the. [Mrs. Dobrial we have come to talk to you.]" The man in the front quickly says. He positions himself stiffly and it is followed by the others too. He doesn't  seem to be a soft person--at least his voice is too deep for a man's liking.

Mom folds her arms, "Matlab? Kyu? [What do you mean? Why?]" Her expression is angry and the creases on her forehead are constant.

"Hum aapse Rajkumari ke baare mai baat karne aaye the. [We have come here to talk about the Princess.]" He politely says. He doesn't even meet mom's eyes, just looks here and there.

"Rajkumari? Aap yaha Ritu ke baare mai baat karne aaye hai? [Princess? You are here to talk about Ritu?]" She is intrigued. It is clear she is not pleased with this. "Kya jaante hai uske baare mai ki yoon aa gaye meri beti ke baare mai mujhse baat karne. [What do you know about her that you just came here to talk about my daughter with me.]"

"Mrs. Dobrial. Yeh log jaante hai ki Ritz princess hai. Yeh bus uski bhalaai ke liye aapse baat karna chahte hai, mai inhe personally janta hoon. Don't worry yeh kuch nahi karenge. [Mrs. Dobrial. These people know that Ritz is the princess. They just want to talk about her good, I know them personally. Don't worry they won't do anything.]" Abhay injects to cool the situation.

"Abhay sahi keh raha aunty. Isiliye hum inn sabko humare saath laye hai. [Abhay is right aunty. That's why we brought them with us.]" Neil fills the gap between the conversation.