35. Don't bring it up

Dedicated to miaray25 for making me the banner!>>>

Thank you so much sweets!!

If you wanna send banners for my story then please send me through my email--ritzdesai1@gmail.com

Happy reading!

-------------------------

*Ritz's POV*

The wedding night is a never ending one. After the wedding ceremony there is a huge feast for about 600 people--some of our relatives, friends, clients who spared some time for this and many of the people from the Khurana family and friends.

The dinner is delicious and mouth watering. Indian food is not my cuisine but I am used it by now. Our friend circle is busy gushing over the newly married couple. Hemps of gifts are piled up on about 15 tables.

Summer sticks to my side the whole time and asks questions which even I cannot answer. My friends silence her quizzy mind. I get a lot of information about the Big Fat Indian Wedding.

The whole event is so captivating. Curtains give a mesmerising effect to the hall. A big Chandelier hangs in the middle of the hall, flowers descend down the bars of the staircase and adorn the decorations of tables. It is like the mansion is renovated just for this wedding. Overall it is godly but classic at the same time.

There is a ritual in which the bride throws raw rice grains over her head and if the rice grains fall on some other unmarried girl she will get married soon. Guess who it fell on, yes you got it right--Summer. This is like catching a bouquet.

Finally when the clock is about to strike 12 the night is about to come to an end. Maya's bidaai (last part of the wedding where the bride leaves her house to go to her husband's house) takes place.

A lavish Porshe is arranged to take the bride and the groom to the Khurana's. We all women cry out the last drop in our eyes. Mom is on the edge and suddenly acts like Maya is her five year old baby girl.

Maya wraps her arms around mom like her life depends on it and dad also offers her soothing words of promise. She then comes around and gives me a breath catching hug and I also do the same.

"I will miss you so much Maya..... Don't forget me...."

"Shut up you idiot! I cannot forget you even if I fall on my head."

"Don't say such bad things ever again. You wont fall on your head. Just remember I love you the most!"

"I love you Ritzy..."

She pulls away and I give her a crooked smile. Vivian escorts her to the car and makes her sit inside. The glass of the car slides down and Maya waves a bye to everyone. Mom and dad hold her hand from the window and dad asks Vivian to take care of her.

The car slowly moves forward towards the gate because mom is not ready to leave Maya's hand till it reaches the gate. I try pulling mom and she ultimately leaves Maya's hand when we arrive till the main gate.

The car roots away and mom crashes me into a hug still crying like a madwomen. Nobody can know a pain of a mother when bidding a goodbye to her daughter.

Mom clutches on my dress and pulls me into a hug. I brace myself and hold her close to my chest. She makes an effort to remain persistent but she backs off even more.

"May-Maya....Maya chali gayi. [May-Maya.....Maya has gone.]" Mom's voice croaks at the end of the sentence. My blood shot eyes pour more salty tears unable to control myself and mom.