Bleed Out

A/N: Most of you have probably read this so for the most part the story is intact. I've made some changes however. There were some issues that always bugged me about this particular fic so I decided to fix them. For those of you that haven't read it, music plays a pretty big role in this story. There will be song lyrics throughout. All artists will be properly credited. Please comment and vote. I appreciate it. Most importantly, I hope you are entertained. Enjoy. Also, I recommend listening to the songs mentioned. It's kind of part of the experience.

Disclaimer: I own nothing. Not the music. Not the people. I can only claim the idea. The song I use in this chapter is called "Bleed Out" it's by Blue October.

Jameson, a tumbler, two ice cubes and a headache. That's the extent of my company this evening. I sit in the studio and stare at the silver wedding band sitting on the desk. It shouldn't be there, it belongs on my left hand. But like all misplaced things, there is a reason it is sitting there. She asked for the divorce and I gave it to her. I always told her I would give her anything she asked for. I meant it. This whole situation fucking sucked. I can't even begin to explain what went wrong. Whatever. I decided to listen to the song that I finished recording with my band. We wanted it on the next album. I'm just not sure if I can tolerate it. I take a deep breath as I hear the opening notes...

Close my eyes

Feel you sigh

A desperate aching wonder

Will you ever, ever let me off my knees?

Wide awake

Like a dream

As simple as a secret

Being told, to everyone but me

Will I

Bleed out

I gave it all

But you can't stop taking from me

And way down I know

You know where to cut me with your eyes closed

Bleed out

It won't be long till this heart stops beating

So don't let me bleed out here alone

Hear my plea...

You won't hear my plea

Sudden rain

Coming down

It all comes back to me

Waking up

Falling down

Another day

Come undone

I keep trying to heal your pain

In return, you cut me over and over

One more time and I will

Bleed out

I gave it all

But you can't stop taking from me

And way down I know

You know where to cut me with your eyes closed

Bleed out

It won't be long till my heart stops beating

So don't let me

Don't leave me

Bleeding alone