Shy | Peter Parker

prompt
reader and peter being super shy about their fairly new relationship, so they hold hands under the table when they're with friends

warnings
sUUper fluffy, written in a rush so prob a bland imagine

warningssUUper fluffy, written in a rush so prob a bland imagine

THIRD PERSON PERSPECTIVE

"Hey after decathlon practice, you guys wanna grab some food?" Ned asked as he walked besides his two best friends, Peter and ___.

She glanced at Peter then to Ned with a smile. "Yeah that sounds fun!" She nodded eagerly and held some of her books in her hands as they walked towards the room practice was held. 

"I can -- I can hold those if you want," Peter spoke randomly as he turned to ___. "Oh, sure," she smiled softly, feeling her cheeks rise in a blush. The pair had known each other since probably the first grade and have been friends ever since. However now, the two had been officially together for about two weeks.

Peter still found himself getting tripped over his words around her and was slowly learning what things to do as a boyfriend, such as carrying her heavy textbooks, offering his jacket to her; although he would do those things anyways.

He was especially nervous since he had never been in a relationship before, let alone with his best friend and the girl of his dreams. He wasn't exactly sure of the whole PDA thing as well. Not because he was embarrassed, that's all he wants to do is make __ feel loved but he didn't want to seem desperate since being so new to the relationship thing. 

___ understood Peter's feelings about it and she couldn't help but find it adorable at how shy he seemed to be about it. She smiled to herself at how she thought about he acted so flustered around her. 

"Can I kiss you?" Peter blurted out randomly as he mindlessly studied her facial features while they laid together during one of their binge watches of their favorite show. 

She let out a small giggle. "Yes Pete, you don't have to ask each time," she teased, running her fingers through his hair gently, looking up into his big brown eyes. 

"Oh r-right, yeah sorry," he said the cheeks rising in his cheeks. ___ smiled and leaned her chin upwards to meet her lips to his in a soft kiss.

__ smiled at that occurrence that happened just last night. She was brought back to reality as the trio headed into decathlon practice. 

"Alright guys I think that's quite enough work for today! Good work!" The teacher exclaimed as everyone packed their materials back into their backpacks. ___ looked at her phone and saw it was just about ten minutes after five. 

"Finally, I'm starving!" She playfully said and threw her backpack over her shoulder, waiting patiently for Peter. The three of them headed out of the building, a few other people from practice deciding to join.

Peter and ___ walked in a pair behind everyone else, close to one another their pinkies softly brushing against one another as their arms swung with each step they took. She smiled and glanced at Peter seeing he was already looking at her; his cheeks reddening at being caught. 

He looked down at how closely their hands were and playfully intertwined their pinky fingers together making her giggle softly. 

Soon the group of friends made it to a cute local diner and sat down in the booth. __ took the inside seat with Peter obviously next to her and Ned besides him. 

Everyone was gathered in their own conversation as __ picked at her food, popping a few fries into her mouth. She sipped her pop and felt one of Peter's hands reaching for hers. She smiled to herself as he pressed his clammy palm into hers gently, their fingers slowly intertwining with one another. 

Peter gently brushed his thumb against the skin of her hand and gave it a slight squeeze as he sent a smile her way. "Nervous?" She teased in regards to his clammy hands. "How can I not be when I'm around you," he spoke making her cheeks blush. "So smooth huh?" She laughed and bumped her shoulder into his.

The two continued to hold hands and after the evening came to an end, walked home hand in hand with Peter standing proud.