Chapter 14- story time turns dark

Steve Rogers

It's been about two weeks since Thor first told us he found Loki's septer. Since then we have been trying to figure out the beat plan of attack, and I think we finally found something.

Rohdey, Natasha, Bruce, Tony and I were in the kitchen talking strategy.

"We should bring Percy, if he's up to it. He'll be a big help and it would be good for him." Rohdey says casually.

"Where even is Percy?" I ask when I realize that I hadn't seen the boy since breakfast.

"In his room. He brought home a friend, who just so happens to be Spider-Man." Tony tells us.

"Percy and Peter are friends?" Natasha asks.

"Apparently for years, he's telling Peter about his dad's side right now." Tony combs his hand through his hair, "They've been up there a while. He's probably getting to the rough parts, someone should go check on them."

"I will, you guys keep talking I'll be back in a bit." I say as I stand up. The last couple of weeks me and Percy have gotten kinda close. I've finally found someone who is ok with randomly working out with me and 2 in the morning.

I walk to Percy's room, and the doors close. "Jarvis pull up the live feed to Percy's room."

"Right away sir." Suddenly the screen on the wall shows two teenage boys. Percy is standing gripping the back of a chair.

"We got out. We were safe, but she-" he made a chocking sound. Percy squeezed his eyes tight, and shook his head. "No, stop, please."

Peter walks over to his friend. He places his hand on Percy's arm. Percy jerks back and falls on the floor. He leans back against the wall; he puts his hands over his head. Percy is visibly shaking, tears undoubtedly streaming down his face.

I run into the room, and Peter stares at me, he doesn't know what to do. He's never been in a situation like this. He feels helpless.

I go over to Percy, and I kneel down next to him. "Percy," he jerks, "Percy your safe. It's Steve, I'm not gonna hurt you."

I scoot next to him, and he moves away. I sigh and slowly wrap my arm around him. I rub his arm and whisper soothing words to him. He doesn't stop shaking.

"Jarvis tell Tony to get down here, Percy's having a panic attack." I tell the ai, I turn to Peter. "What was he at, what did he get to?"

"Um they were getting out of the pit." Peter was nervous, he voice was shaking. 

"Ok Peter, go down to the kitchen and ask someone to explain the rest of the story. Tell them how much Percy told you." The kid nods and walks out of the room.

I continue to say soothing things to Percy until Tony gets up here.

Tony comes running in, and sits down next to me.

"Percy, come on your ok, your safe, nothing can hurt you now."

Eventually Percy got calmed down, and sat up. "I'm sorry. I thought I was ready, I thought I could talk about it, about her."

I grip his arm, "Percy you don't have to apologise, we understand, this takes time. You have nothing to be sorry about."

He shakes his head, "I just feel so week, so exposed. I hate this!"

"Maybe you should get your powers back." Tony says suddenly.

"What?"

"You wouldn't feel as week, you never know it could help." Tony explains

"How could I even do that?" Percy asks.

"Go to your father." I say. "Ask for his blessing."

"Ok." Percy stands up slowly, "I'll go."

Edited