Chapter 16

Third person POV

Sasuke shivered in his bed. He hoped he didn't wake anyone up from his whimpers. But at last, his prayer wasen't heard. Kana was a light sleeper.

She rushed to his room in her night clothes. With kunai in hand she burst the door open and checked everywhere for any sign of intuders. She sighed and layed all her attention on Sasuke. His shaking body and terrified eyes made her heart hurt.

She gently sat on his bed and moved him on her lap like a baby. Sasuke wrapped his arms around her, and she sighed.

"Nightmare?" Sasuke nodded his head, burying his head into her chest. She caressed his hair softly and rocked her body. "It's over, everything is going to be okay." She whispered, kissing his head. "I'm here, I'm here." She comforted, holding him tightly.

She stood up with Sasuke clinging to her like a koala. Holding him tightly, she walked out his room and walked to her own room. Laying down with Sasuke she covered both of them with a blanket.

"You can sleep here with me until you're ready enough to sleep on your own." Sasuke nodded his head, relaxing in her arms. She was warm, like a personal heater. Kana sighed and hoped Naruto didn't wake up. She rolled her eyes. As far as she knows, he was sleeping like the heavy sleeper he was.

"Could you...could sing the lullaby that you use to sing for Itachi?" Sasuke requested hesitantly, just by saying his name hurted him, but he wanted to say goodbye to his old brother, the one who he loved greatly. Even if he was just an illusion and a lie.

Kana hummned, kissing his head gently.

Cossack lullaby (originally russian)

Hearing light snores, Kana smiled slightly.

"A day will come when you will posses the same eyes as him....the day you will know the truth, my dear Sasuke I wish you didn't had to go through this, forgive me for not preventing it."