Kakariko

I bolt awake and quickly look around. I'm lying in one of the beds in a stable. Link is talking to Beedle, who sits against the pole in the middle of the room. Link waves to him and turns to me, smiling when he sees me awake. He sits next to me and puts a hand on my shoulder. I tense.

"Oops. Sorry." Link says, remembering that I'm still pretty much scared of most physical contact.

"It's fine, Link." I say. "So, I guess we're heading to Kakariko Village, huh?" He nods with a smile.

"Yeah, but I think we should rest up a bit more. You aren't exactly in the greatest shape, y'know."

"I know, but I'm tough, Link. I'll be fine. I promise I'll let you know if I need to take a break, ok?"

"Promise?" Link asks uncertainly. I nod and he gets up, offering me a hand. I slowly take his hand, and he pulls me up. We walk outside the stable and I feel the sun on my face for the first time in my life. My jailors (a.k.a. my parents) had homeschooled me, so I'd never gotten to go outside. Most people didn't even know they had a daughter. The warmth of the sun feels nice. Link walks to Majesty and climbs into the saddle. He offers me a hand, which I hesitantly take. I wrap my arms around his waist just so I don't fall off. Link lightly nudges Majesty's sides with his heels, and the stallion breaks into a smooth canter. Link barely has to tell Majesty where to go.

"Link, some point could we get another horse?" I ask. He looks over his shoulder at me.

"Oh, yeah. You want one, too?" He asks. I nod. "Alright. We can go back to the stable and get you one. I should have a horse that rivals Majesty, I think." I nod again. He's talking about Nightwing. "But, there's something different about him in real life than in the game." Link says. I nod.

"What would that be, Link?" I ask. He locks his eyes back on the path ahead, slowing Majesty down as we pass a large Korok. Hestu. He doesn't have his maracas, and I know where they are.

"Hey! Can you see me?!" Hestu asks as Link taps him on the shoulder. Link and I both nod. "Woah! The last people who could see me were other Koroks and the Great Deku Tree." Hestu asks us if we can help him find his lost maracas.

"Link, we can do this. Some Bokoblins took them up the hill to a camp just at those rocks up there." I say. "It won't take too long to get done." Link nods and trots Majesty to the rocks. We climb down from the stallion's back and I climb on top of the rocky 'archway' while Link runs right into the camp. I pull a bow from my back and nock an arrow, aiming carefully for a Bokoblin's head. I let the arrow fly, and a different Bokoblin gets in the way, and he gets hit in the arm. He yowls in pain and looks up at me, yelling something at his friends.

"Abigail, get on Majesty and get to Kakariko, now!" Link yells at me. I jump.

"Link, Bokoblins can't climb." I say. "As long as I stay up here, I'll be fine." I keep shooting arrows at them, hitting two in the head and one in the chest. Link opens the newly unlocked chest to find the maracas I told him about.

"Let's get these back to Hestu." Link says. I nod and we walk to Hestu. He happily takes his maracas back and tells us about finding Koroks all over Hyrule. We can give him the seeds and he'll make our pockets bigger. That's something good to keep in mind, I tell Link. He nods and we walk back to Majesty and the stallion trots to Kakariko. Remembering this Korok, I shoot the sign on the first arch when we get to it. The Korok appears and flies down, giving me a little golden seed. I put the seed in my pocket and Link stops Majesty right in front of a big house. It's the biggest one in the village, and there are two Sheikah guards in front of the stairway up to it. They see the Sheikah Slate on Link's belt and let him in. I start to walk with him, but they block me off, saying that I'm Ganon's spawn and I shouldn't be allowed to be with Impa. Link stops on the stairs and walks back to me, pulling me to him. 

"She can come with me." Link says. "She's safer with me than just about anyone. Her parents beat her up and I helped her get away from them."

"She was still created from Ganon's power. Her presence here is threatening the whole village!" Dorian says. I lean into Link, burying my face in his arm.

"So what?" Link says. "She hasn't done anything." I just decide to stay quiet.

"Aren't you going to say something for yourself, kid?" The other guard asks me. I just stay quiet. Not like I can say anything to help the situation we're in.