We Are One

Today is the day. I am sitting next to Jake and Neytiri is painting on him while Tsu'tey paints on me. Today is the day we become a part of the Omaticaya and I couldn't be happier. After we are ready the two Na'vi lead us to stand before Eytukan. "You are now a son and daughter of the Omaticaya. You are part of The People." I grab Jake's hand in my left as everyone places their hands on us. Tsu'tey gently grabs my right hand and holds it. I keep my eyes down but smile and interlace our fingers causing him to gently squeeze my hand in encouragement. 'This is one of the happiest moments of my life. I feel like I am where I belong.'

After the ceremony, Tsu'tey drags me by my hand away from everyone to the clearing where I learned to ride Beongae. This has kind of turned into our place since this is where all of our lessons have been; even a majority of his sign language lessons. Tsu'tey lets go of my hand and turns to face me. "You are part of the Omaticaya now, Angel. You may make yourself a bow from the wood of Hometree. And you may choose a male to be your mate. We have many fine men. Geon is a good hunter," He says.

I shake my head and sigh, 'Here goes nothing. Eywa be with me.' "I do not want Geon. I already know who I would like as my mate but he is already promised to another."

I lower my head so I miss the smirk that crosses Tsu'tey's face, "I've been doing well in my signing lessons." I look up at him in confusion and he continues, "I know what you said to me the day you arrived. This will be my final guess and if I get it right you have to say yes to the question I ask you."

I look at him suspiciously then prompt, "I don't think I like where this is going but go on."

Tsu'tey walks around me until I can feel his breath on my ear and his hands rest themselves comfortably on my hips. I shiver at his touch but I try my best to hide it as he whispers in my ear, "You said 'You look much handsomer with a smile, my warrior.'"

I give out a breath of surprise, 'Crap!' "Congrats, now what did you want from me?"

"Be my mate," Tsu'tey says simply as he presses a kiss to my neck and nuzzles the area.

My breathe hitches at this, "B-but aren't you already promised to Neytiri?"

Tsu'tey continues to nuzzle my neck as he answers, "Neytiri wanted your brother as a mate and I wanted you as my mate so we came to an agreement that we should both be happy and not be forced into a loveless mating. Now, where is my yes, Little Angel?"

I turn myself around in his arms and throw mine around his neck hugging him, "You do not know how happy that makes me feel, my warrior."

"I take that as a yes then?" He teases with a smirk on his face.

"Of course it is a yes, you moron," I tease back with a bright smile.

Tsu'tey leans down and captures my lips with his and we share a passionate kiss. After we separate he lifts me up in his arms and I giggle in joy as he laughs saying, "You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that."

Tsu'tey sets me down on the ground and then sits in front of me looking into my eyes as he connects our queues. I can now feel his emotions and his love for me is so strong it brings tears to my eyes. We are now one before Eywa. Tsu'tey is now laying on his back and I am laying on his firm chest. Tsu'tey is tracing shapes on my hip and it is lulling me to sleep but I force myself to stay conscious by tracing my own shapes on his abdomen. I can feel myself nodding off despite my efforts so I say my last words to Tsu'tey for the night, "Goodnight and I love you, my warrior."

Tsu'tey kisses my head and replies, "I love you too, my Angel. Get some rest." I am falling asleep when I hear his last words, "I am forever with you now, my love. We are mated for life."

I woke up in my link bay with a big smile plastered on my face. 'I never want to leave the Omaticaya or you, Tsu'tey.'