Lessons and Iaam

Jake is off doing something, not of my knowledge while I am helping Grace, Norm and the rest of the lab staff pack up the equipment. I am boxing up some of the microscopes when I notice Jake roll in asking Grace, "So where are we going?"

Grace stops working to turn and answer him but I turn my attention back to the task at hand. I see Norm getting excited about something Grace said and I raise a questioning eyebrow at him so he explains, "We are going to Hallelujah mountains."I smile real big at this information.

We all finish packing stuff up then board the aircraft with Trudy. I place myself in Jake's lap and doze off for the ride. I am suddenly shaken awake by Jake then he points outside and I look at our surroundings in awe. Not long after we land and move our equipment into the new base. Once we are all settled in I rush to my link bed. "Whoa hold your horses, Angel. What's the rush?" Grace asks chuckling.

"I just want to continue my lessons with Tsu'tey, plus he will probably be upset that I'm not there yet," I explain as I get myself situated. Grace shakes her head before pushing the button linking me up. I giggle as the first thing I see is Tsu'tey laying in his hammock staring at me impatiently. "Sorry I took too long, we had to change locations of our base since the big shots were sticking their noses where they shouldn't be," I explain. Tsu'tey just nods before motioning me to get up and follow him. I say my good mornings to Koji and we all head to breakfast then Tsu'tey leads us up the tree.

Tsu'tey suddenly stops and gives a call which attracts an Ikran, "Don't look him in the eyes. Ikran is not like the Direhorse. Once you make the tsaheylu they will only fly with that hunter for the rest of its life." Tsu'tey makes the bond and mounts the creature before continuing, "To become a taronyu; a hunter, you must choose your own Ikran and they must choose you. You will get this opportunity when you are ready, Angel." Tsu'tey then takes off on his Ikran and I watch with Koji in astonishment at the grace the Ikran and his rider portray. He later returns to me and I teach him more sign language for the remainder of the day.

(Time Skip brought to you by Nami's love of treasure)

The next day for my lessons Tsu'tey decided to teach me how to use a bow. I am focusing on my aim when I feel hands touch my arms gently. I release in shock and the arrow misses the target by a long shot. I turn my head to the culprit and see Tsu'tey laughing behind me. I playfully nudge him and he regains his composure, "I was just trying to fix your aim, Angel. And your stance is also too narrow. Here let me help." Tsu'tey positions himself behind me nudging my legs into the correct position and then putting his hands on top of mine and his face next to mine. 'Oh, Eywa help me this man will be the death of me.' "Now feel the strength of this stance and the firmness in your arms. This is how it should be...now release." I do as told and I get a bullseye. I lower my bow and my mouth drops. I cheer as Tsu'tey looks at me with a smirk.

(Time Skippy my Lovelies!)

'More days seem to pass with Tsu'tey and I growing closer and my feelings for this promised man growing stronger. Eywa please be with me because this will only end in my heartbreak. Tsu'tey has done really well in his sign language lessons as well but he has yet to figure out the sentence I told him a while back but he is dead set on figuring it out.'

"Was it, you look constipated with that look on your face, my goodness?" I look at him for a good minute before busting out laughing holding my stomach along with Jake who is sitting on the branch next to us getting his lessons in Na'vi. I had told Jake previously what I had said to Tsu'tey and he found it quite humorous to see him try to decipher the signs. And he also found it quite funny to tease me as well.

"You got a few of the signs correct but that was probably the funniest guess so far," I say as I catch my breath. Tsu'tey gives a small smile to me as I continue to randomly giggle remembering his words.

(More Time Skips)

Jake and I talked Mo'at into allowing Grace into the village and thankfully she accepted. Grace has been a mother figure for Jake and me. She brings Jake to bed when he falls asleep doing his logs and she makes sure we get enough to eat since we are always in our avatars. I am so grateful to her and I am glad she gets to see her students again..

(The Skipping of Time)

I made my first clean kill yesterday and Tsu'tey said I was ready to choose an Ikran. I am riding Beongae up the mountain behind Tsu'tey and Mishti. I left Koji at Hometree today so that I could go through my trial without worrying about his safety. We come to some floating rocks and dismount our Direhorses before beginning to climb. I look around and I marvel at all of the banshees around. Neytiri rides over on her Ikran and joins us before Tsu'tey walks in front of Jake smirking and announces, "Jakesully will go first." I roll my eyes at Tsu'tey singling my brother out.

Jake hands me his bow and I kiss his cheek, "Be careful, Jay." He nods at me before walking up to the top of the mountain with us trailing behind him. Jake walks through the crowd of Ikran and they continue to run away from them until one stands its ground.

Tsu'tey chuckles, "The moron is going to die." I elbow him in the ribs and he winces before meeting my mild glare causing him to playfully hold his hands up in surrender. I huff before turning back to my brother. Jake succeeds in binding its mouth and getting on its back causing it to fly and buck. "Don't be afraid, warrior," Tsu'tey calls. I smile at him before cheering my brother on myself.

Neytiri is calling for Jake to make the bond when he suddenly gets headbutted by the Ikran and falls off the side of the cliff. "JAKE," Neytiri and I shout. Tsu'tey grabs my hand comfortingly and I squeeze back and give a sigh of relief as Jake climbs up and launches himself back at the Ikran sealing the bond and calming the creature down. Jake then goes for their first flight and I cheer. After the rest of the young warriors take their turns it is time for my trial. I know you can do this, Angel. I smile at Tsu'tey and walk through the Banshees they all fly away from me until I come across one sleeping away from the other banshees. I walk toward the beautiful black and electric blue (AN: I am mentally picturing a pattern like Acnologia in the cover picture.) Ikran and it wakes up staring straight at me but not seeing me. This Ikran is blind. It senses my presence though and gives off a click sound. 'It's taught itself echolocation.' The Ikran gets in a battle stance and shrieks at me. "I have found you, my friend." I throw my rope and bind its jaws as they snap at me. Once I hear the Ikrans whines I feel pity as I just cut off its way of knowing its surroundings. "Don't worry, you will soon see," I soothe as I jump on its back. The Ikran begins to struggle but I keep myself steady and quickly grab its queue making the tsaheylu. The Ikran immediately stops and looks around as it sees the world through my eyes. Thank you. A male voice sounds in my head in astonishment. "You are welcome, my friend. I will call you Iaam it means blessing and you my dear are just that. You have come so far and taught yourself how to survive despite your disability and I know how that can be hard," I say. Iaam lifts his head and nuzzles my cheek. "Let's go for a ride Iaam." He roars then takes off leaving Tsu'tey cheering behind me. Tsu'tey joins us and we ride for a bit with Iaam seeing through my eyes. 'This is becoming home...I never want to leave.'