Ch. 1 - Crazy Life

*Michael's P.O.V*

"But daddy, I want Panda Express for lunch!" Jace whines, pushing the bowl of fruit salad I had just made him away. I groan in annoyance.

"Just like his father, fussy" Luke scoffs before laughing to himself as he watches Hazel eat her ham & cheese sandwich he had made her. I pull a weird face at Luke in frustration, making him laugh again, before turning back to Jace.

"Jace, if you eat your fruit then I will take you to Panda Express for dinner" I sigh in defeat.

"Yay!" Jace cheers, pulling the bowl of fruit back towards him before taking a grape out and sticking it in his mouth.

"It's okay, don't use the fork I gave you then" I mumble to myself, turning to face Luke, who was smirking and shaking his head in slight disapproval. "What?" I ask, starting to blush.

"Don't give in to using bribery" Luke tells me, crossing his arms.

"Says the one who told Hazel we would go to the movies if she stopped crying this morning" I say. "By the way, what movie are we going to see tonight after dinner?" I ask with a smirk. Luke blushes in shame.

"NINJA TURTLES" Jace shouts, throwing a grape at my head.

"Don't throw food" I mumble, rubbing my forehead as I watch the grape roll over to Luke and Hazel.

Before Luke or I could pick the grape up to throw it in the bin, Hazel picked it up and ate it.

"Yuck" Luke says quietly, looking from Hazel to me in disgust. I laugh.

"Is uncle Ashton & uncle Calum coming too? And Leighton?" Jace asks, his mouth full of food.

"I don't know, I'll go ask them" I tell Jace. "Look after the turd" I tell Luke as I walk past him.

"Don't call him a turd" Luke pretends to be stern.

"Shut up, Luke" I say without looking at him.

I only turn to face him when I reach Calum & Ashton's room. Luke stares at me fondly, smiling like a fool. He knows I'm joking. I smile at him softly before disappearing into the room.

"Coming to the movies tonight?" I ask, Ashton jumps as if he had been falling asleep. Leighton was sitting in his lap, tugging on poor Ashton's longish curly hair.

"We can't" Ashton groans. "We have kids to look after" he adds.

"You make having kids sound like a bad thing" I laugh. Ashton just glares at me.

"We can go" Calum says, his voice almost desperate.

"No, we can't" Ashton says, pointing to Ariana, who was sitting in Calum's lap on the floor.

"Ashton, how many times has Niall asked to babysit since we got back to London?" Calum asks. "Like a million times" he replies to his own question before Ashton could even think of a reply.

"Take the opportunity to get a night away from being a parent" I tell Ashton.

After thinking about it for a moment, Ashton lets out a sigh of relief. "Call Niall and tell him what time to be here" Ashton tells Calum.

I laugh and leave the room, shaking my head in amusement.

"What the hell?" I ask in confusion when I see Luke laying on his stomach on the floor, Jace & Hazel sitting on his back.

"I got attacked" Luke says in defeat, looking up at me in shame.

"Kids, get off your father!" I snap at Jace & Hazel. Laughing, they jump off of him.