Parents vs. Bread Kid

Start from the beginning

Kotori waved her hand over her face to get rid of the heat her face was generating. "No problem, Umi-chan!" she said as she dashed off to the kitchen.

Kotori: 0 Umi: 1

Mission: break the ice(failed)

Her plan was supposed to throw off Umi's tension to prevent her from getting angry at Honoka, who has slurred over eating well. However, the young papa was exhausted enough not to nag at her small kid. So she didn't need to force herself.

Even though Kotori's real intention was to keep out her husband from the small kid, in the least she wanted to get her attention and kiss her right before anything else.

"Where is Honoka, Kotori?" Umi asked as she saw there was no one in Honoka's room.

Kotori turned down the heater. Taking off her apron, she replied. "She is in here, Umi-chan. She hasn't eaten her soup yet."

Umi walked off directly to the kitchen where two persons she loved were. As her tired eyes looked over the small figure, she gave a quiet sigh, crossing her arms. "As usual I would say."

Honoka was fidgeting on her seat when she saw her papa. "Papa! Honoka miss you so much. Welcome!" she opened her arms to expect something in return. Umi wrapped her arms up around her as she kissed her head, but she chose not to comment on her eating habits.

In the kitchen, adding Umi, the three were sitting around the dinner table. The parents caught their eyes to each other. Kotori has understood she should carry out her other plan for Honoka to eat that soup. Umi and Kotori nodded to each other, eyes connected. A drama representation meant their baby Honoka would get convinced by the magical words and powerful acting!

Umi was ready to perform a role as Kotori signed her to do it. If both could act as if something was wrong, they were able to awaken their baby's attention.

"Honoka! I'm not going to tell you what you are supposed to eat and drink anymore," Umi said with less firm way.

Lifting her eyebrow, Honoka was looking at her papa unknowingly. "But you know..."

"Papa?!"

On the other side, Kotori was pretending as if she were ill, showing herself as weak as possible. With bated breath, she's never given chances to think she was acting. The hands on her chest, a cry would be befitting the moment.

"Your mother..." Umi was careful enough to tell her words slowly.

Umi wasn't a girl who was able to get into another character, but adding Kotori's 'please' messages many times in her mind made her to get a role for herself. "Your mother is getting worse because she wants you to be healthy and she tries hard. If you don't eat or drink well, she will be in need of seeing a doctor soon." Umi held Kotori from her shoulders for standing as both parents turned to Honoka.

"Mama!! No, Honoka will eat properly," Honoka said with a worried expression on her face, then a light popped up in her mind. A new idea took over the sad story. "Mama, papa!!" the small figure started to gush what she had watched the other day, showing the TV in the living room. "There was princess and prince. The princess was ill then the prince kissed her and they have a happy ending."

The awkward silence wouldn't tell further that both of them were caught their guards off. A romantic atmosphere aroused them as Umi and Kotori blushed when their kid brought such a shameless topic (shameless for Umi). They slowly lost the composure while Honoka was non-stop talking about 'prince kissing princess'.

"Go ahead! Kiss mama! Mama will get better and for my mama, I'll eat my soup too!!"

As Honoka promised, she was ready to finish off her soup as quick as possible. Umi drew her hands back on Kotori and they quit acting. Kotori's eyes were searching for other ambers passionately. Her hands reached out to Umi's neck as Kotori was locking her up to herself as if she was hunting her down. No words were exchanged, the only noise was Honoka's gobbling upon her soup.

Umi, instead, tried to stop Kotori for the sake of not making out in front of their child. By the mumbling she was doing, Umi thought she was able to put an end to this desirous intimacy. Of course, want and desire were what she had in mind, but it was supposed to be done in the right time.

Never given chances to interrupt, Kotori started to eagerly kiss Umi on the lips. Umi's train of thought short-circuited, and that only lead her to grasp Kotori's waist instinctively. Checkmate!

When they broke apart, Kotori rested her head onto Umi's chest. "I guess missing Today's Welcome Kiss costed much time, Umi-chan."

"Y-yes."

They noticed in the blink of an eye that their kid finished her soup with amount of extra bread halfly dangling on her mouth.

Kotoumi: 0 Honoka: 1

Mission: eat or die(halfly-success)