"My bad shorty...ex-boyfriend." He said smirking thinking I ain't seen him. "But, I'm sure understood. You were busy, she still knows you love h-"

"Yea, yea, but me being busy shouldn't have stopped me from talking to her. She put her life to side for me when I got pregnant with my first child, then I won't put mine to the side just to check up on her?" I said as tears filled my eyes. "It hurts...I didn't even get to say bye or I love you to her. She wanted to tell me what was wrong, but I never stayed long enough for her to be able to tell me. I just don't know what it is..her cancer is okay, her heart is okay like I don't understand."

"She was our age once Azariah. She knows that weren't able to balance things as older people. Your still in high school and you gotta pay bills. You have to take care of 3 kids and cater to your nigga. Like that's a lot on a --"

"18 year old," I said laughing. 

"And you not gradu--"

"I didn't take my studys seriously in middle school, so I flunked."

"You take them serious now right?"

"Yea, of course."

"But, yea she understands." He said making me roll my eyes.

"For some reason, I feel like you used this to get to know me,"

"Damn, beautiful and confident. And is that bad? If I would've asked you to have dinner at my place you wouldn't have came." I shrugged and smirked.

"No...." I said stopping and looked at him raising one eyebrow. "Now, I will."

He licked his lips and ate a fry, "Tuesday 8:30 PM?"

"I ain't coming in nothing fancy. I'm either coming in basketball shorts or sweats." I said making him laugh.

"I ain't wearing nothing fancy either. Just wanted to see what kinds of girl you were," He said laughing. He looked at the time and sighed, "Nice talk. I just wanted to get that date and see how you were doing," 

"Why you leaving?"

"Breaks up." He said finally making me realize he had a doctor coat on making me lick my lips. "That physical training shit is just my side job. Plus, my break is up." He walked towards me and kissed my cheek. "Keep ya head up beautiful and remember our date."

After that he left and I was finally able to let a sigh and smile. When he kissed me my face just felt tingling and he knows my last name without me even telling him. Plus, he took the time to see how I was doing. Just ouuu... and he's a doctor. At 20 something years old. 

I finished up my food and walked back to the waiting room where I seen my mom with some guy. He looked just like me to, but I couldn't put two and two together. They seen me and my mom face lit up.

Almuerzo face was stuck as he kept staring at the man. 

"What's going on?" I asked raising one eyebrow. I seen Zariah was sleep and I seen Zachariah was here making me shake my head. Even though I wanted him here, it still hurts to see him. To know he got one of my friends pregnant and fucked them multiple times hurts. And he lied to my face again.

"Azariah, this is your father, Anthony," My mother said making me scrunch my face up.

"Fuck are you doing here?" I asked making Almuerzo shake his head and laugh.

"Finish ma," Almuerzo said making me think he knew something was up.

"I'm ready, well I'm giving this choice to you to let him into you guys life." She said making me laugh.